Use of at29c256-70pc chips

UnderPSI

Has any one used these chips in their TR with the adapter Moates sells? How well do they work? Thanks

I know of people that use this EEPROM/adapter in 1227747 GM TBI ECMs with success. supposedly the 27C32 EPROMs can flake after so many reprogrammings, but they're not expensive. However, the reduced cost of not having to buy a UV eraser and have to trouble with it makes it a worthy expense in my book. It's a lot more convenient to just go *blink* and it's done, versus multiple steps. As an SIU student however, I have access to EPROM erasers and programmers, so I'm gonna use what I can mooch.

I use the AT29C256 in my 8-position thumbwheel. This is the electronically erasable version of the chip that was used in 90-92 TPI f-body applications. It works great and don't have to fool with the UV light. This chip is 32k addressable whereas the stock TR chip is 4k, hence why you can get 8 TR programs on 1 chip and just flick the switch to change between them, I'd think thats the way to go, then you can have a Race Gas chip, street, valet, and anti-theft all in 1 chip on the thumbwheel.