USB to serial with tlink v4.0

redhotrod

Turbo Happy
I have an extra usb cable for sale, model GUC232A, and I can give you the drivers and a copy of turbolink v4.0 on a cd. All you will need is a laptop and an OBDI connector and you will be all set for a cheap scanner

$20 shipped

I'll take it.

This could be used with the TL3.0 cable to work with 4.0 right? (half the cable rather)

Eric

Yes, the TL3 cable should work fine, I have been using my original TLink 2.13 OBDI cable running V4

Great, exactly what I was looking for. V3 won't read my extender with fast data. Sent you a PM.

Sorry, Morkia got that one. :smile:

I thought he might :)

I'll order one on-line somewhere.

So does it work straight out of the box, are you running Windows XP, Vista or 7? Any special settings needed to get it working?

I bought a cheapo serial to USB converter for my TL 4.0 but can't get it working on Windows XP :-(

I have run it from everything from windows 95 up to XP, vista I personally have not ran turbolink from, but others say they have with the user account turned off on the computer.

Those USB to serial cables are picky, I have used several that did not work but the IO Gear ones seem to always work. Sometimes for some reason you need to go into the device manager when the cable is plugged in and change some settings. Make sure you have the right drivers loaded to for the USB cable. If you do a search over on GNTTYPE.org forum, there are several posts on helping you out.