Urgent...Need Help!

MyBoosta

More Boost = More Love!
Hello Guys,

I need your help again...changed oil & oil filter (PF52) for the first time with Mobil 1 synthetic 10W/30. I added 5 qts of oil and now 24 hrs. later the dipstick reads about a qt low. I called the local parts store and was told that Grand Nationals take 4 qts with filter. Is this CORRECT?

How is it possible that I put in 5 qts and the car is reading 1 qt. low, and at the same time I'm being told it only TAKES 4 qt. with the oil filter?

Thanks for you help!

6 quarts!! 4 qts is for the non-turbo. Simple solution, always check the oil level after changing and after initial start up after changing the oil (when the filter and cooler lines are then full of oil).

when i throw my new oil in, i start checking oil levels on the dip stick at 5. right now as we speak, i have 5 full qts of oil in my car, and the oil level is right up to the top of the hashmarks. how? is my dipstick longer than everybody elses? I always heard that you dont go to 6, unless youre runnin the pf52 instead. 6 qts puts my oil level wayy up on dipstick...

I have 3 turbo powered LC2 cars. All read just slightly over the hash marks with 6 quarts with standard filter. I'm kind of partial to believing the owners manual that GM puts in the car.

I have standard oil pan, cool it oil cooler, & m-301 mobil filter or ph-8 fram (big filter) and mine hold 6qts full. I dont use the fram filter it was only a reference #.

Funny, my stock block holds 5 1/2 qts with a PF 52 or equivalent and that is with an auxilary oil cooler (none in radiator). I always start the car to fill all the oil galleys and then shut the car off for about 5 minutes and check to find the oil at the full mark. Six full qts in mine would be overfilled for sure. You guys must have your oil feed lines bored out to the max. :wink: BTW, you can't fit much more than 1/4 qt into a PF52 or equivalent and screw it on without an oil bath. I doubt it will hold more than 1/2 qt with the filter media.

thats what im sayin. maybe different oil pans? im not sure but, when i run a pf52, 5.5 qts and im full. 5 qts on a normal pf47 is full on my car. ahh well, at any rate, run what the dipstick tells you, not the owners manual. dont overfill your engine.

6qts for me with a PF-52 filter, that is after starting it up and letting everything sirculate...