Ur engine builder and experience.. . Good or bad?

[quote="hiboom, don't know if thats true ,but looking at his avatar I would not trust him with my pets.[/quote]

Your pets? What about your GF?

View attachment 203287here is the first engine he built. Almost had 3200 miles.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

how does a broken stock crank fall on the engine builder?
that looks like preignition damage
a stock (used ) crank doesnt need to have a crack at rebuild time to fail especially if a tuning issue that led to the first rebuild was not corrected

Unless the engine was never ran hard. This was common of this builder to have issues like this around the time I had this one built. Another guy had an engine built there, took it home and tore it open, on the cam shaft in marker was written "good"

not defending your builder as i have no idea who he is

'hard ' is a relative term
3200 miles and your foot never went down or never boosted ..please

one cough with preignition under boost and that can be the result ... DOTC

your own sig states HP numbers and "with a bad tune "

not defending your builder as i have no idea who he is

'hard ' is a relative term
3200 miles and your foot never went down or never boosted ..please

one cough with preignition under boost and that can be the result ... DOTC

your own sig states HP numbers and "with a bad tune "
All that has been with the Anderson built engine. The first 2 engine this builder/destroyer in St Louis never saw track time. Sure they saw boost but we had them set at 14 PSI with no alky or anything beyond 42.5 lbs and a TA49. Believe me they were bad builds. The second lasted 2500 miles when the bearing went out. Since the Anderson built motor I have had pretty much nothing but power and almost no issues.

Me. Very happy cause my engine builder is badass. :D
Earl beat me to the punch- me, with a lot of guidance from this board and a relic copy of the old "how to hotrod your buick v6" book... 2 years, 12, 500 hard street miles, 6 dragstrip passes, 2 transmissions and still going strong! :)

Chris Hogeland

x2. Chris was possibly more excited about my engine that I was. He went above and beyond what I wanted to do with it. From the number of blocks on his shop floor, many other people trust his work.

New Jersey engine builder Jack Merkel

I went to this guy after reading a gm hi-tech article.

What a mistake, rod bearing spun after 500 miles.

Accused me of running it out of oil.

Put the wrong valve springs in and it wouldn't Rev past 4500 rpm.

Good thing he's out of business!

^Is that the one where his heads flowed a bazillion CFMs because his flowbench "wasn't calibrated"?

He is a nice guy, but sucks at building engines.

He built a ford 347 for a friend of mine.
In his attempt to balance the crank he drilled into an oil passage, then tried to weld the hole shut. Needless to say he lost oil pressure about 100 miles into breaking the engine in.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Weber racing in Ohio. Bryan was helpful and turnaround time to build my short block was fairly reasonable.

Can't say there were any downsides other than shipping my block and crank from CA to OH, which is always an inconvenience no matter who you use.

Richard Clark and Patrick Broughton (SloGN). Anyone that has ever met RC knows exactly how meticulous he is and takes his time to do something right. Runs like a sewing machine and headed into the 9's in BG hopefully. Cam specs by Zimmerman in AZ

Richard Clark meticulous ? There has to be new word added in the dictionary for what he does ....

Bryan

[quote="Pittsburghkid, what ever happened to Otto in CT?[/quote]

he's working in a shipyard.