Upper Control Arm Bolts - Specs?

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Anyone know how to specify (what is it called?) the captioned 12mm bolt? Looking for a longer bolt but want it to have washer, shoulder and serations per factory bolt. Looking for a longer version. See photo.
Conrad

Attachments

• 12mm Upper Control Arm Bolt-1.jpg
    12mm Upper Control Arm Bolt-1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
The bolt in the pic looks like the Upper Control Arm to Frame Bolt. If that's correct then the stock bolt is M12-1.75 x 66 mm.
Meaning 12mm diameter - 1.75 mm pitch x 66 mm long.

I just finished my front end and the last part was dealing with those bolts.

Finding the replacement bolt shouldn't be too hard, finding one like it but longer may prove difficult.

Good Luck.

Might not be real cheap solution but Totally Stainless can make them with the knurles any lenght!

6togo,
That is what I'm looking for...12 mm Grade 8 bolt with the knurls at the base of the head. Those knurls force the bolt to center itself in the hole and don't allow the bolt to turn when the alignment person is turning the "nylock" nut when adding or subtracting alignment shims. Can you getGrade 8 in stainless steel?
Conrad

Their grade of SS is stronger than grade 8. I had a set made for my arms give them a call good people to deal with!

I will call. What, exactly, did you ask for in specing out the bolts? I want to get the right bolt the first time. Did you speak to anyone in particular?
Conrad

I basically just asked for bolts like the stockers and Doc said no problem he even gave me non locking nuts with special double locking washers for ease in changing shims that helps because sooner or later the knurles strip and spin freely. They can make about any bolt their machinest is my local mailman on the weekends and he delivers!