Upper contorl arms

O.K. I have been in the car business for years and never heard of tall spindles. What is the advantage of this? I hate to sound stupid, but this sounds like you are raising the front end.

Try this website
Savitske Classic & Custom

and look under the FAQS questions and you will get a clear idea on what there talking about. Also Global West arms are a double edge sword. They help camber curve but i think they more then double the stock bumpsteer which is horrible on these cars anyway! Look at the ATF spindles and you will see what real handling is all about. I have friends with Global West stuff and it is HD built but it doesn't even come close to the handling of my car. Also they forget to mention that you lose a lot of turn radius with the B-body spindle swap. It almost makes it where you have to do 3 point turns or tire rub!
Jerry

Any body have any opinions of the G-body parts tubular upper control arms?
I have them. If all you want (or can afford, like me :)) is to replace the stock arms, they're great.

Lighter
No drilling out the old ball joints
Access to bolt heads with spindle attached
Pass. rear bushing won't melt from downpipe heat

You do lose the bump stop, if that's a concern.

I ordered and we put on the upper control arms from G Body. I like them, a hella of a lot better than before. Steering is much tighter and it actually is more fun to drive now.

Put them on mine and the front end cant be aligned :mad::mad::mad::mad: i called and they said to flip the cross shaft over and try it. Flipped it and still no dice with shaft against the frame with no shims.

The factory arms with polys were aligning fine with shims on both sides.

Just my personal experience on my car.

Put them on mine and the front end cant be aligned :mad::mad::mad::mad: i called and they said to flip the cross shaft over and try it. Flipped it and still no dice with shaft against the frame with no shims.

The factory arms with polys were aligning fine with shims on both sides.

Just my personal experience on my car.

Well I'm not surprised it can't be aligned with no shims. Just because they are tubular doesn't mean you don't use shims. You still have to use shims. The only arms that are shimless are the SPC adjustable arms. The arms adjust so you don't need shims.

There is absolutely no point in buying non adjustable tubular uppers unless you just need new bushings in your stock ones and dont want to mess with installing new ones. Get a set of SPC adjustable uppers arms. They have good Del-Alum bushings, light weight, double adjustable for easy alignment, and are top notch quality. Nothing compares.

Instead of installing B-Body spindles, get a set of tall Howes lower ball joints to take of those bump steer issues and help your camber curve for excellent handling! Cant beat this set up for the money!

Good luck with your project!

Tall spindles will give bumpsteer.

My T-type has B body spindles, my 2+2 has tall ball joints with stock spindles.

T-type has bumpsteer, 2+2 does not.

Tall spindles give you cheap 12" brakes (though GN wheels won't work anymore), but ZQ8 spindles with 11" brakes and tall balljoints would give good handling and good brakes and the ability to use GN wheels at a junkyard price.