Update on my new T-Type

sakudog

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd post an update on my recently acquired T-type I bought from a member on the forum here:

http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/fs-1987-white-hard-top-w02-turbo-t-super-clean-and-fast.374664/

I've had the car for 72 hours and so far I've updated:

GNX Wheels (repos) and BFG Comp-2 245/50/16 tires
KYB Gas Adjust Shocks
New Turbo T floormats
New weather stripping for both doors
New window dew rails
Adding a T-Type badge to the grill(buick one is gone)
Re-installed the factory headunit and wired up the amp/speakers to accept my iPhone as an input to just use iTunes or Spotify for audio sources
Re-tint of the windows will come this weekend or next depending on how far I get on some other projects....

LOVE THE CAR :)

Firstday_NewShoes.jpg

ok so latest update from this evening...

repainted the grill
repainted the headlight bezels
repainted the windshield cowl
installed the repo-GNX center caps

I remember sitting in History class in High-school (graduated in 95) and dreaming of owning a 87 White T-type hardtop....finally!

Super happy with the car guys and I think one of the things I like most is when people that know what it is go crazy over it...

...for example, I drove it to work on Friday and I had a car load of older guys follow me well past the Dell Corporate entrance, one guy with an iPhone out taking picture the entire way down the road. On Saturday, I had a couple follow me from my house all the way to the restaurant I was eating at to tell me how they used to have a T-type just like mine and just wanted to look at it closer for a few minutes...it was really cool, they were very nice. I've had a lot of really cool cars in my years, NSX, 3000GT-VR4, Supra, C6 ZO6, Audi S4, Subaru STi..the list goes on, but I've never had people follow me down the road to talk to me about my car! :)

These things are officially classics now!!! (25+) years old.

- Black Lugs
- GNX center Caps
- Re-wired most of the gauges
- Lots and Lots and Lots of MISC trim repainted flat black so it looks FRESH :)

Anyone have a A/C Delco OEM stereo volume OR tuning button? One of mine is missing.

T-type garage.jpg

hello; Nice car. Looks like the hood ornament has been removed. Maybe it came that way from the factory? I like it.
IBBY

Super happy with the car guys and I think one of the things I like most is when people that know what it is go crazy over it...

...for example, I drove it to work on Friday and I had a car load of older guys follow me well past the Dell Corporate entrance, one guy with an iPhone out taking picture the entire way down the road. On Saturday, I had a couple follow me from my house all the way to the restaurant I was eating at to tell me how they used to have a T-type just like mine and just wanted to look at it closer for a few minutes...it was really cool, they were very nice. I've had a lot of really cool cars in my years, NSX, 3000GT-VR4, Supra, C6 ZO6, Audi S4, Subaru STi..the list goes on, but I've never had people follow me down the road to talk to me about my car! :)

These things are officially classics now!!! (25+) years old.

- Black Lugs
- GNX center Caps
- Re-wired most of the gauges
- Lots and Lots and Lots of MISC trim repainted flat black so it looks FRESH :)

Anyone have a A/C Delco OEM stereo volume OR tuning button? One of mine is missing.

Just be very careful with people my buddy had the follow with a camara thing happen one time and the guy stopped to talk to him about the car then not even 3 full days later his car was stolen from his office parking lot! The kicker is they had to have towed it out of there as the car had 2 kill starts on it and one of the Over the Steering Column locks on it! The ones you cant cut threw with the big silver lock.
He to this day thinks it was the guy that followed him that day or some one that guy knew.
You just never know who people are these days. Me personally I dont leave my car more than 200 yards from where I am and If I cant see it Im going to move it to where I am. Always locked in the Garage with the alarm set.
Sucks we have to be this way in this day and age.
Just my thoughts not trying to be a prick its food for thought as you car is supper nice!

Thanks for the heads-up, yes I agree 150%, a 12 year old can steal an old Buick Regal and don't ask me how I know this....

The car is WAAAAY over insured, so if that day comes I'll actually be able to buy a much nicer T-Type.
My garage is heavily alarmed & monitored 24/7 (no further details :) )

I'm thinking I should get a Lo-Jack soon though.... I live dangerously close to Mexico, which as I've read where most stolen GNs head first, in pieces.

One rule in the gn world. Never leave them alone there's people whiling to go to jail for them I live in Los Angeles and I had my gn for almost nine years now and one thing I learned by almost loosing my baby is u ride it then you put it away.

All very good points guys and thanks, I took notice of the "Stolen Buick Information Exchange/VIN Check" section and understood that clearly these cars are massive theft targets.

I've only taken the car two places and parked it outside but I could see the car from the window and kept a close watch on it...

Thanks for the heads-up, yes I agree 150%, a 12 year old can steal an old Buick Regal and don't ask me how I know this....

The car is WAAAAY over insured, so if that day comes I'll actually be able to buy a much nicer T-Type.
My garage is heavily alarmed & monitored 24/7 (no further details :) )

I'm thinking I should get a Lo-Jack soon though.... I live dangerously close to Mexico, which as I've read where most stolen GNs head first, in pieces.

We are near Detroit and most end up in parts I had my 1st GN Stolen back in 2000 and it sucked huge! Took me 6 years to get another and it was a T-Type because I thought people would not know what it was lmao now, because just as many did! UH! We live in the sticks and I still have an alarm on it, Wheel lock, and the garage has an alarm plus Smith n Wesson in the house! (and on me when we are out in it) Not that I would put my Family in jeopardy over a car. ;)