Update on my new T-Type

True story, I randomly ended up at a car show on Wednesday night and the T-type took 2nd place! 1st place was a VERY nice 32 Ford with a real flathead V8, 3rd was a 67 GT500 "Clone" but it was very well done. I came straight from the gym, I don't normally sport a Jersey-Shore tank top to dinner!

402261_441140589262387_1176784765_n.jpg

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd post an update on my recently acquired T-type I bought from a member on the forum here:

http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/fs-1987-white-hard-top-w02-turbo-t-super-clean-and-fast.374664/

I've had the car for 72 hours and so far I've updated:

GNX Wheels (repos) and BFG Comp-2 245/50/16 tires
KYB Gas Adjust Shocks
New Turbo T floormats
New weather stripping for both doors
New window dew rails
Adding a T-Type badge to the grill(buick one is gone)
Re-installed the factory headunit and wired up the amp/speakers to accept my iPhone as an input to just use iTunes or Spotify for audio sources
Re-tint of the windows will come this weekend or next depending on how far I get on some other projects....

LOVE THE CAR :)

View attachment 160304

Any specifics of how or what components you used to integrate the iPhone into the audio system?
I've yet to find specific info on how I accomplish this - and retain the head unit.
Not that I'm in love with my head unit (which is actually an nice looking 80's Vintage Corvetter 1.5 DIN Head unit) - but I'm not ready to go that 1.0 DIN look.

In the perfect world - What I really want is something that simply fits into that 1.5 DIN space, and allows me to have my XM and my iPhone.
Period.
CD? What's a CD?
FM Radio? Have ya listened to Atlanta FM lately?

And oh - by the way - nice car!
The "Anti-Black"

The horror stories in the Stolen Forum almost have me never driving it.
Now I can't take it to my office?
There are $50,000 Audi, BMW's and Benz there.
Shakes head :mad:

As a Houstonian - I know they say "Don't Mess w/ Texas" but IMHO those new plates are fugly.
Georgia has always been - always having to have some damned peach or color going on.

Attachments

• IMG_0807.JPG
    IMG_0807.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 92
What I meant to say is - 'What's with half a Lone Star?'
They always gottta mess with a good thing.

Thats one nice Turbo T right there. I thought I read that you were going to put a t-type emblem on grill. 86 was last year for the t-type.In 87 they just call them turbo t"s I wish I could have a rust free Texas car. That thing looks bad ass. very nice job. The stance is real nice with those wheels.