Universal Willem EPROM Programmer Experience

Jan Larsson

Any one use a Universal Willem EPROM Programmer for their 2732A eproms? This is a seperate card type programmer that hooks up to a PC using the printer port. Anyone got experience before I decide on getting one.

All I like to do is to be able to copy some 2732A's and maybe dump some code I've updated.

I've got one and never could get it to burn the 21.5v 2732A's but I bought a bunch of 12.5v 2732's off Ebay and it works great. Didn' have any problem reading the others, just writing.

Thanks Justin,

Just got mine a couple of days ago and tried coping a couple of chips as a starter to test the setup and worked fine once I set the dip switches and jumpers. I had some 25V chips and it worked fine both to read and write.

Easy to use software and a really good deal for the money (think I paid about $60 shipped to the United Kingdom).

Originally posted by Jan Larsson
Any one use a Universal Willem EPROM Programmer for their 2732A eproms? This is a seperate card type programmer that hooks up to a PC using the printer port. Anyone got experience before I decide on getting one.

All I like to do is to be able to copy some 2732A's and maybe dump some code I've updated.

Is that the one that uses Pocket Programmer Software?.

If it is, then, i's been due to them, that PP has gone to charging for updates, since they're been roped into playing tech support for the other burner.
If people support the knock offs, eventually we won't have any good vendors.

Support the good guys, is my motto.

As far as I know this is a organisation focusing on developing a general eprom/pic/etc programmer and software is shareware ....
http://www.willem.org/

Never seen the Pocket Programmer Software but very much doubt it's the same ... anyone?

That board sure looks the same. But your right the software seems different.

I've seen them used on the larger proms, and they did fine, if that's any help.

willem programmer

I bought one of these a while back to do 2732A's as well as some other chips. I have yet to get it to copy a 2732A right. I've tried getting support to no avail. Kinda pissed. The only thing I have to copy 2732A's is a stand alone that will only copy.