Understanding the fast dash logger

For the "improvement list": Is there any chance that a downloadable software package compatible with the Sony tablet or iPad could be produced to perform these functions in addition to tuning the ECU? Basically an "all in one" setup? It would be killer to have it capabable of both with the ability to select a variety of variable displays & formats in color. Their wifi capabilities would be useful for remote expert tuning and I am probably just scratching the surface in the suggestion. Maybe the device ports currently supported by these tablets are not capable of serving as proper com ports at this time? It sure would a lot nicer than having to deal with the bulkiness of a laptop. Maybe I am way off target with this pipe dream?

Your idea is great, but it is probably a pipe dream, they may have to come up with a complete new ecu for some of those features, but I will add your suggestion to the list, someone will read it from fast eventually.

norbs,i am planning this winter to change the dash in my gn to the round gage gnx style. i have a fast system and wondering if their data logger would be the way to go. car has limited street use .too bad the logger doesnt look as good as round gages.whats your opinion ? I want iat , egt ,trans temp as well as the standard, fuel,oil pressure , amps etc.jim maguire

norbs,i am planning this winter to change the dash in my gn to the round gage gnx style. i have a fast system and wondering if their data logger would be the way to go. car has limited street use .too bad the logger doesnt look as good as round gages.whats your opinion ? I want iat , egt ,trans temp as well as the standard, fuel,oil pressure , amps etc.jim maguire
I don't know if I would recomend using it as a replacment for gages since the size is limited and could be difficult to read. I have mine installed where the factory radio would be and can't see it very well but my intention was to use it for extended data logging.
For its data logging capability you really can't beat it. I don't use it to replace the FAST XFI internal data logger since I find it easier to use the FAST XFI internal data logger more convienient to tune with but when looking at a run, the FAST XFI data logger is way to limited and when you add EGT module, 3 axis accelerometer, 8 chanels worth of pressure transducers, and wheel speed inputs, you simply can't use the XFI to log. I find the DASH to be very valuable when looking at all this data.
Allan G.

Next item on my list for my car is the fast system. I'm going to get the dash also and it will be my only gauges.

I don't have to have a speedo, but since I'll have a driveshaft speed sensor, I was wondering if that can be converted to mph and displayed on the dash?

Does the dash have a shift light on it?

Next item on my list for my car is the fast system. I'm going to get the dash also and it will be my only gauges.

I don't have to have a speedo, but since I'll have a driveshaft speed sensor, I was wondering if that can be converted to mph and displayed on the dash?

Does the dash have a shift light on it?
The Dash can convert DS speed to MPH. It will suposedly blink the display as a shift light.
Allan G.

The display could be brighter if you mount it too low like Allan did you won;t be able to see any lcd digits.

Guys Otto is back ! Hes going to give me a hand and I decided not to use the FAST logger.I keep the laptop for that. Im going with the GNX type with Auto Meter Gages .Just need a Panel or will have one fabricated.
One more race this Sat at ATCO if the weather holds out .With the DA hope to be in the 9's Then Ill start taking the dash apart and a bunch of other small mods,header heat wrap,FG bumpers ,electric water pump .Jim

[quote="Guys Otto is back ! Hes going to give me a hand "/quote]

interesting..........

i just downloaded the software to play around with it.
Question: it has signal wires coming from the harness to connect to the sensors, does this mean i have to jump the wires that are already hooked up to the xfi to read them? or does the canbus automatically pull the data from the xfi?

ie: the map sensor from the xfi, would i have to jump the map sensor signal to the dash logger to view the boost on the logger?

The dash will log or display just about all the xfi parameters. The only thing you would need to wire are the aux speed and pressure sensors you are running and split the signal wires to each.
AG

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The dash will log or display just about all the xfi parameters. The only thing you would need to wire are the aux speed and pressure sensors you are running and split the signal wires to each.
AG

thanks allan, do they have to be calibrated again?

thanks allan, do they have to be calibrated again?

yes, the Fast Dash works independently from the XFI so they will need to be callibrated. The Dash is supossed to be able to view the AUX channels through the CAN port but it doesn't work because of a software bug.
Allan G.

yes, the Fast Dash works independently from the XFI so they will need to be callibrated. The Dash is supossed to be able to view the AUX channels through the CAN port but it doesn't work because of a software bug.
Allan G.

They should get on that shit then!

They should get on that shit then!

Norbs and I tried giving them some feedback on some unresolved issues but tried giving us excuses that they were working on other new stuff. My comment was how can you work on new stuff if the current stuff isn't working 100% as advertised yet !!!

BTW - a company called PCS makes the DASH and a lot of the modules for Fast and provides better tech support whenever you can reach them.
Allan G.

Look what showed up today :)

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1368630110.244021.jpg

I'm mostly finished wiring my xfi and dash, but have a couple questions.

I have my driveshaft speed sensor hooked into the xfi harness. Is it shared with the dash via can-bus, or do I need to run it to a speed input in the dash also? I have my auxiliary analog sensors wired to both. Are all the standard sensors (ats, cts, map, rpm, tps, a/f) shared via can-bus?

What pins does the ecu use? I need to tap into an output for my fuel pump speed comtrol and hook my boost control solenoid to it's output.

I can't get a good picture of the Fast Dash showing the display with backlighting, but here are pics with and without flash. It's plenty bright and very visable to see with my shop lights on.
With the flash on (it drowns out the backlight)
CIMG1568_zpsc0a5c7f8.jpg

flash off to show how bright the backlight is.
CIMG1567_zps4172b3c6.jpg

I'm mostly finished wiring my xfi and dash, but have a couple questions.

I have my driveshaft speed sensor hooked into the xfi harness. Is it shared with the dash via can-bus, or do I need to run it to a speed input in the dash also? I have my auxiliary analog sensors wired to both. Are all the standard sensors (ats, cts, map, rpm, tps, a/f) shared via can-bus?

What pins does the ecu use? I need to tap into an output for my fuel pump speed comtrol and hook my boost control solenoid to it's output.
Your going to need to split the signal and wire it direct. I havn't played with it enough but if you also wire the tach in the other input the DASH can calculate what gear your in. All the standard engine sensors are shared via CAN.
Allan G.

My driveshaft speed sensor did not have to be spliced into the dash, it pulls the VSS and driveshaft speed from the xfi