Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Hoosier Pro Drag DOT

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Specify Please)

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

Blwn87

"You have a vacuum leak?"
I am going to try to nullify one of the biggest downfalls of the Grand National and that is traction. The damn things make so much torque that everyone has to move to bigger rims and bigger tires just to justify the money they spent on mods that just caused their GNs tires to spin the tires like a not knife on butter and i am having the same troubles and need help. I am looking to put 15*10 weld drag lites on the back and need to know the back spacing on the rim. I am alos thinking about doing the skinny, fat tire look by going with a 15*5 wheel on the front, i also need to know the back spacing i will need on that. Then the best question of them all. Whats the best street/strip tire out right now. I am thinking about putting the Hoosier Quick time Pro Drag DOT tires on the back but i have heard many good things about the BF Drag Radial and Nitto. I also need front tires that can take a hard braking and wont turn my GN into a car on ice at the end of the strip. I am open to all conversation on the front tires.

my experience with bfg drag radials very good in the street ok at the track but not bad at all 1.9 short times. as for hooiser quick time and mt et street you cant go wrong at the track much better track time not as good on the street but definitly driveable as for sizes 5-7 in. rim in the front and 8.5 in. rim with 3.5 backspacing is all you need in the rear.. you can put up to 28x12.5x15 mt 28x11.5x15 hooiser quick time /275x50x15 bfg dr. in the front mt sportsman 26x7x15 will give you the skinny look i have them with the 28x 12.5x15 et streets in the back. they fill the complete rear wheel well . good luck
charlloots
we4

My best 60-ft to date is 1.653 with DR's (BFG 275 x 60 x 15), and without air bags. These are mounted on 8.5 x 15 T-Type look alike rims with BS of 3.75 inches.

This was with stock block, cam, and turbo. Others modifications are:

Boxed lower rear control arms (with grease fittings installed) with Poly bushings.

Relocated upper control arm connection to rear-end. Adjustable upper control arms.

Adjustable rear shocks and 1.5 inch lower rear springs.

Front tires are 215 x 70 x 15 BFG's mounted on 7 x 15 T-Type look alike rims with BS of 3.75 inches. I am currently having rims cut down to 5.5 x 15.

Front shocks at 80/20 using 1 inch lower front springs, and car still has stock front and rear sway bars.

I launched using brakes with large rear brake cylinders and new shoes.

I am now working on a setup for 9.0 x 28 MT drag slicks.

Still lots to learn.

Deep Enough

Donald McMullin

Still not sure

Alright i am still not sure what backspacing i should use on 15*10s in the back. Should it be 3.5 or 3.75?

I tried to fit 10's on my GN it to is lowered 1.75 in the rear and they fit like crap. If you need the tire to fit between the frame and inside fender lip go with 8's or 9's 4bs. I have 9's with 4.25 bs and 28x12.5 et streets but I got them from a friend just for fitting so I will be using them up as quick as possible. I am going to Hoosier 18x13.5's they have 11.1 inches of tread and 12.2 sec w. the MT have 9.9 tread and 12.6 sec with. So more tread less sidwall buldge work for me. Anyway all I have ever used are the QTP's and they are killer.

I like the BFGs for street/strip and will be trying the MT 28x9 drags real soon. I have tried the Nittos on my GN but prefer the BFGs due to their hook on a very light tire spin burnout, see sig. You can pick up the stock T wheels for a decent price and clean them up fairly easy, and they are light, around 17 lbs I think.