Ultimate 109 carnage

RYAN GRAVES

With all the talk about TSM, and reason of having a $2800 crankshaft in a $200 block. This is what happened to mine:eek: My TSM racing was over before I ever attended a single event. Moving on to stage 2.

Ryan109Block.jpg

Wow, I guess the caps and girdle kept it from throwing the crank out on the ground. Did it hurt anything else? How much money did you have in the block to be tsm ready?

Never seen a 109 do that before.. Lots of Ford engines but not a 109.

My assumption is there was something else going on in that engine, not over powered.

So thats what a cracked block looks like.I cracked a Cylinder once after racing it for 5 solid years.A guy named Tony Q did this in Norwalk years ago

Wow wow wow... sorry for your bad fortune... how much boost and what rpm was it when it split?

Upon dissassemble everything in the motor was fine, never even spun a bearing. Had a Bryant billet crank, girdle and all four steel caps.
If it was not for the girdle, this could have been ugly.

Never seen a 109 do that before.. Lots of Ford engines but not a 109.

A local guy cracked one like that street racing one of my customers. That was the first time I ever saw this, then later saw Tony Os.

Take care, Kip

Next time your wife pisses you off, show her that and say "this is what my wrath is capable of, do not test me woman."

and now your marriage is perfect!

That is the latest in TSM racing technology, it is essentially a two piece block made for easy disassembly and inspection. All that is needed to reassemble it is some J-B Weld.:biggrin: ;) On a serious note good luck with the Stage2 project!