U-Joint upgrade???

JToups386

Has anyone found or used an upgraded U-joint? While I have the car torn apart, I want to replace these too, and would prefer to go with something stronger if it is available. I'd like to know where you get 'em,,, and if there are any quirks in installing/using them?
Thanks,
J

Well, I'm planning on running 10's with this combo, once all the pieces are in place, which should be sometime in the new year. I just figured it would be a nominal cost to upgrade now, while it's all apart. If no-one else offers input, then I'll be stuck with the stockers anyway... Thanks though.

I wish I could remember the part number. :mad: I put Spicer's in mine. They were noticably beefier in the center!

See if there is a Driveline repair shop in your town, that works on heavy duty trucks, i got my monte driveshaft redone with "Brute force" joints that don't have the grease fitting on them. I'm not sure who makes them though. The shop said the fitting is a weak point in the center of the link. I'd try that, They would know what to do.

SPICER U-JOINTS ALWAYS.....

if you are going to go in there once do it right with the right parts these things will not break and they are lifetime components way better then the stockers....
i think they are 5-253x's but i am not sure go to one of there driveline websites i know that exsists....

but all in all do not use nothing other then spicer....

the best and very few will argue....:rolleyes:

Thanks TurboDave, Russty, and Brian!
I will look these up. I actually have a Spicer catalog at work, plus I have a contact at DANA, (their manufacturer), that could help me too.
I will post the numbers once I find 'em, and verify it's right.

Thanks again!

I ordered a driveshaft from Denny's and had them install solid U-joints without the grease fittings.