Two-tone paint

87-WE2

Back in business!!
Calling all TR owners with two-tone paint!!

Does anyone have a two-tone black-on-silver or silver-on-black TR with pictures? I think this would look pretty awesome for a paint job, but I can't honestly say I've ever seen one.

Two-tone grays would also be cool to see.

I'm thinking about painting mine. This may be a sin to do, but to me it's just paint - like fingernail polish only more expensive.

The two-tone would have to look pretty damned cool or else I would open myself up to some serious flame from the Grand National purists.

If you have one, just reply that you do and I'll go to your profile to check it out.

heavydsig.png

This was my idea, still havent ever got it built....:cool:

Niiiceeee!!!!

I was thinking as I typed it out that maybe a little red accent stripe might look pretty good with a black-on gray or silver. Your rendering confirmed that!!

Sweet looking ride. Hope you get it built some day.

Here is mine. I don't know how you haven't seen it!?!:confused:

Attachments

• 2011.jpg
    2011.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 819
Here is a picture of my WH 1. This is the factory paint scheme,
with factory colors.

Attachments

• scan0004 (5).jpg
    scan0004 (5).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 740
6 to go...you have one of the sweetest paint scheme's. Any idea how many were painted like that? Any other pictures of it?

I agree!!

6 to go...you have one of the sweetest paint scheme's. Any idea how many were painted like that? Any other pictures of it?

6 to go has the best looking stock paint scheme!!

2tone WE4 - awesome looking paint!! That's almost exactly what I had in mind only black on the top. I may save that pic and shop it a little to see what it would look like on the top.

Did you have the car painted, or was it like that when you got it?
If you had it painted, was it someone around NW Hou? I'm in the same area (between 290 & 249 on Spring Cypress).

Congrats on the baby!!

Next to Limiteds, I think the WH 1's are next rare maybe.
There were 1163 WH 1's built in 1984, I don't know how many
85's and 86's there were. This one has the sand grey with
charcoal leather Lear Siegler seats which I like. They are much
more comfortable than the standard bucket seats. The interior
is the same as the 84 GN except the power 6 emblem on the
head rests are not done in color like the GN's are.

6 to go has the best looking stock paint scheme!!

2tone WE4 - awesome looking paint!! That's almost exactly what I had in mind only black on the top. I may save that pic and shop it a little to see what it would look like on the top.

Did you have the car painted, or was it like that when you got it?
If you had it painted, was it someone around NW Hou? I'm in the same area (between 290 & 249 on Spring Cypress).

Congrats on the baby!!

87-WE2, the car is Black on top with dark metallic silver on bottom. I picked the paint scheme from 1" sample pieces and couldn't see how much metallic was in the black until it was sprayed.

It was the original black, but I had hail damage and had it done by a friend in SE Houston.

Here you can tell the car is black and silver. Not gray on silver.

Attachments

• 2Tone.jpg
    2Tone.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 671
Don't be trying to copy because then I will have to change up everything.

hello; Why not say I did so then you can sell me those rims cheap and try something new. Maybe it's time for a change. To be truthful rims are not in my near future but you never know.
IBBY

Silver Fox, that car was up for sale a few months ago. I have always thought that was a BAAADD looking G-body!

Silver Fox, that car was up for sale a few months ago. I have always thought that was a BAAADD looking G-body!

hello; I've never seen that 2-tone. Nice. But tell what was the price of something like that? IMO he should of kept the interior stock and keep the rest.
IBBY

Like the car!

I like the black on silver, but the Black on top of the gray still looks better. 2toneWE4's is pretty damned sweet looking.

I may try to photo-shop a reverse in the colors to see what that looks like.