Two-tone paint

Next to Limiteds, I think the WH 1's are next rare maybe.
There were 1163 WH 1's built in 1984, I don't know how many
85's and 86's there were. This one has the sand grey with
charcoal leather Lear Siegler seats which I like. They are much
more comfortable than the standard bucket seats. The interior
is the same as the 84 GN except the power 6 emblem on the
head rests are not done in color like the GN's are.

Only 463 wh-1's in 86
525 wh-1's in 85
Compared to 1035 Limiteds in 87.
Here is a bunch of pics of 2 tone cars
Buick Regal WH1 Registry

hey john... don't you have a two-tone already?

hello; Yes Parts Guy I do have a factory two-tone WH1 but I meant to say about just copying the two tone and wheels not really the same color. That is a nice car from Texas. My car looks like 6 to gos with Kirban wheels.
I got the IC the next day as you said and I'll have to get to the install. Good work and tell JC I said so.
IBBY

Two Toned

Here is a picture of mine. It was originally supposed to be silver and gray following the factory paint break lines (not the designer series). My painter convinced me to do something more unique. We painted the car back in 1998 and it has held up quite well, all things considered.

Upper is Purple Pearl Metallic--- 1993 GM color
Lower is Silver Lillac Metallic --- 1993 Saturn color

I love the red pinstripe......my wife hates it!!

Attachments

• IMG_1233 r.jpg
    IMG_1233 r.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 553
  • IM002618.JPG
    IM002618.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 566
Nice Ride

But that don't look purple?!?!?!

I like the darker color on top of the lighter color separated by a different accent color. I'm leaning MORE & MORE to that.

Is it sacrilige to paint an 87 GN a color OTHER than black? I just want to be ready for the ridicule when I do it.

Thanks to everyone for showing off their rides.

Original silver over grey...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 510
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 493
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 512
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 493
  • DSCN3058.jpg
    DSCN3058.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 485
But that don't look purple?!?!?!

I like the darker color on top of the lighter color separated by a different accent color. I'm leaning MORE & MORE to that.

Is it sacrilige to paint an 87 GN a color OTHER than black? I just want to be ready for the ridicule when I do it.

Thanks to everyone for showing off their rides.

That's the exact reason I did the paint scheme I did....so I wouldn't blend in with the Buick crowd.:cool:

That thing looks &^$!-ing awesome. Great looking ride!! and thanks for the post.

That’s funny I was thinking the same thing I wanted to use WH1 colors but without the bottom painted black even thought about flames but in the end decided to keep black and just make a few body mods. A friend of mine is a body guy and his dad loves GNs and every time we work on the body they try to convince me to change my mind and leave it stock but it’s too late now the welding has been done. I still may lay down some ghost flames.

681tonburb - I had thought about leaving all black with some blue fire (not flames, but fire) on the hood & fenders. Wife thinks I'm nuts & should leave it all black. I think it would look cool.

Does anyone have access, program, or link to play around with paint schemes for our TB's? We could do a Chip Foose Challenge. Of course he draws up alot of his designs. I have seen some pretty cool two-tones above in this link. Nice jobs. Still wanting to see someone with ghost flames or fire.