two footed driving

I started driving in cars with sticks. I was probably 17 and driving a friend's 4x4 when he quickly told me to stop. Since I was used to driving a stick I slammed on the brakes since there was no clutch and came to a screeching stop in front of a local bar. I don't see how someone who drove stick could drive an automatic with two feet.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Interesting thread.My driving instructor said using two feet is wrong. You may Hit the gas or stomp both pedals in a panic stop situation. But someone had a good point. The time lost switching from gas to brake may mean extra 200 feet for stopping distance.
Hmmmmm

IllhaveaV6

Interesting thread.My driving instructor said using two feet is wrong. You may Hit the gas or stomp both pedals in a panic stop situation. But someone had a good point. The time lost switching from gas to brake may mean extra 200 feet for stopping distance.
Hmmmmm

IllhaveaV6

Hmmmmm

IllhaveaV6

200 Feet per Second = 136mph

I started driving in cars with sticks. I was probably 17 and driving a friend's 4x4 when he quickly told me to stop. Since I was used to driving a stick I slammed on the brakes since there was no clutch and came to a screeching stop in front of a local bar. I don't see how someone who drove stick could drive an automatic with two feet.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
I also started driving on a stick . One time I was driving my dads car with those wide brake pedals. As I was coming to a stop sign I let off the gas , put my right foot on the brake , then pushed the clutch to the floor with my left , to bad it was the left side of that wide brake pedal (because the car was auto) and I almost went through the windshield !!! That scared the crap out of me , but funny looking back.

Last edited:
Two feet here too. I got used to it from when i had a go-cart when i was young. I cant drive with one foot.

I learned to drive racking karts and the steering shaft is between your legs so you have to use two feet...

hello people; I just got my new DD from a co-worker retiring to Floridia. It's a 2013 CRV and it I did my normal 2 footed driving and I can't because the breaks are too touchy. I havn't driven it much but one footed driving seems easy with this car and I've been 2 footed driving for many years. Maybe when I get the feel I'll do my normal thing but till then I can't. IMO you can change if you have to..
have fun
IBBY