Twin Turbo Buick GS Project

Engine is going on the dyno this week. We have some high hopes for this combo - think it may surprise some folks with the little 72s.

We've been holding off on doing much more fabrication on the car until we have the actual engine in the car.

It's fixing to get fun again I hope.:biggrin:

Yeah - Rod is a really cool guy. He was pitted next to us at a NMCA race several years ago with a twin turboed Duttweiler small block Firebird. Heck of a nice guy and one of the pioneers of the twin turbo movement in the Pro-Street ranks. Needless to say, he mopped the floor with all the nitrous cars that weekend. Boy were they all whining and moaning but look at the power adder of choice these days..............

UPDATE:

Not to tease anyone but the engine is loaded on the dyno now. There were some issues with the throttle linkage not working smoothly but with the way the throttle bodies are mounted inside the inlet to the plenum it's no wonder - ended up completely redesigning the linkage. Should have some numbers and maybe a video of the money pulls later this week. My engine builder and I have gone over everything and agree that the turbos we are using now will be the limiting factor on the HP - not the engine itself. I still think it will lay down some good numbers.

It's going to take a lot for me to resist the urge to swap cams and slap a pair of twin 88s on there........:eek:

Thanks W2, good luck on the dyno.

I am going to guess 1800HP
We made 1850 with boost in the high 20s with 74MM units.
This was 6 or 7 years ago.

Just to give an update - had an issue with low oil pressure to the top end when it got on the dyno. Pump was putting out 90psi but it was only seeing 13-15psi measured at the top end. Needless to say it was pulled and taken apart. Good news is the issue has been resolved and it is on the dyno again being prepped for it's maiden pull. I'm stoked........:biggrin:

Finally have some pics of the bullet. It's loaded on the dyno - waiting on the blowoff valve transition from the intercooler to the throttle bodies to get back from the polisher - supposed to have it first of the week. Also waiting on a jackshaft from March for the serpentine pulley system. The theme of this entire build has been hurry up and wait :rolleyes:. I should have some #s to post next week............................

Front view :biggrin::biggrin:

wilkersons_engine_stuff_012.jpg

Liquid intercooler - 6" thick core should get the job done.

wilkersons_engine_stuff_005.jpg

Custom pan for crossmember clearance
wilkersons_engine_stuff_008.jpg

Jesel shaft mounted rockers

wilkersons_engine_stuff_009.jpg

Here's a shot of the new throttle linkage to correct the issue from earlier. Has the idle and full throttle stops machined in as well as provisions for the TPS sensor - all in one piece.

throttle_linkage_004.jpg

throttle_linkage_002.jpg

Anyone who knows me can tell you I'm a wiring fanatic - this should fit right in. Custom Mil-Spec connector for all 16 injectors and all sensors except for the coils. Coils and magnetic pickups will be in a separate harness to minimize noise.

wilkersons_engine_stuff_011.jpg

Drool... You need to make the the polisher does a better job on the BOV transition piece than her did on the rest of it... JUST KIDDING! My eyes feel like I have welding burn from looking at those pics! Very nice work on all of it, it looks amazing. I am excited to hear about some dyno numbers!

Very detailed and well thought out to include the mil-spec conns and throttle piece. Truly amazing pieces!

This engine should fit right in with the rest of the car Will...

You may need a full time polisher in your crew for between rounds clean up with all the bling...

Big Pimp'n...;)

You may need a full time polisher in your crew for between rounds clean up with all the bling...

Big Pimp'n...;)

Yeah, yeah - what can I say. It's a "street" car anyway - REMEMBER? You of all people should know how the polishing becomes addictive. One thing leads to another which leads to another.......

As far as full time polisher, that's what I had you in mind for Pimp Daddy! :p

Yeah, yeah - what can I say. It's a "street" car anyway - REMEMBER? You of all people should know how the polishing becomes addictive. One thing leads to another which leads to another.......

As far as full time polisher, that's what I had you in mind for Pimp Daddy! :p

Hey, you know how us boys roll from OHIA...

Me and Mikey "Will work for Food" :cool: