Turbos for sale: Garrett stage 2, 6680 BB, 60-1, 6069, tang .96 ex housing

Hey Bison is the 6680 comprable to the 71 gtq? I'm shelving the hp-76 until I can get a custom 4" d/p. I still have my atr hdrs and d/p.

The 71 gtq/hpq is capable of a lot more mass flow with the larger compressor. The hot side is the same though. I've made close to 700whp with the 66

I'm also considering threerails lt-76, but I can't find any info on limit eng.'s site. so I asked him to provide some. I think the 66 would probably be a better street turbo, but will run out of steam in all out competition. Any thoughts?

I'm also considering threerails lt-76, but I can't find any info on limit eng.'s site. so I asked him to provide some. I think the 66 would probably be a better street turbo, but will run out of steam in all out competition. Any thoughts?
If his is a GTQ/journal it will spool really slow. This 66 spools really well for a GTQ and definitely supports the power to run 9's. You will need a lot more than in your sig to even come close to getting the potential out of a 66GTQ. I ran 10.13 twice last year on a stock bottom end. Was looking for 9's but it didnt happen. The mph was there but i couldnt correlate the traction on the same pass. I made 9.70 power on a better engine but the best i ran was 10.3x and 137+mph with a 1.8 60'.

The engine in the 86 is now just a spare. the 87 has a stroker w/ta/se race ported,212 cam, atr hdrs, ext.d/p, alum.champ. int w/70mm, n/chance 3500stall, lonnie's stg III trans. shifting @6250-6350., gen 7, and alchy. next upgrade is to be a 230 cam and the t-netics hp-76 w/4" d/p. strange c-clip elim. and considering a l/u converter for a 4th gear. and 13"corvette brakes. the body is already caged w/<23k miles. I hope to rebuild the motor this year before the gs nats and run inthe tsr class.

The engine in the 86 is now just a spare. the 87 has a stroker w/ta/se race ported,212 cam, atr hdrs, ext.d/p, alum.champ. int w/70mm, n/chance 3500stall, lonnie's stg III trans. shifting @6250-6350., gen 7, and alchy. next upgrade is to be a 230 cam and the t-netics hp-76 w/4" d/p. strange c-clip elim. and considering a l/u converter for a 4th gear. and 13"corvette brakes. the body is already caged w/<23k miles. I hope to rebuild the motor this year before the gs nats and run inthe tsr class.
The 66 will make 9 sec power with the 212. Thats what i ran last year. You will need to have the converter couple to get it done. I ran a 9.5" PTC. You will need to shift around 5700-5800 with the 6680/212 cam. There is no benefit to going beyond. It will pull past that in 3rd though. You need a flash stall speed of 5100 to get it to really "work" with that 212 cam. Id reconsider that 230 cam also. It wont be needed unless you are going to have an engine that will have enough power to push the car to 150+ trap speeds. You will need a converter adjustment for that too

I'm sorry I sold my 71 and purchased the hp-76 w/that 4"V-band and 4 bolt housing. My goal is to shoot for the 150's, but my short-comings is getting the gen-7 dialed in.
The converter flashed to 4700. I'd have to raise the stall and there is no lock up for the n/chance converters which was another reason for the higher shift pts. The cheaper route seems to be to purchase the 3 bolt standard housing and shelve the 4 bolt 4" v-band combo until later.
I really appreciate your time Bison and hopefully you will be able to sell it quicker now that the guys can see it's potential. Thanks again.

I'm sorry I sold my 71 and purchased the hp-76 w/that 4"V-band and 4 bolt housing. My goal is to shoot for the 150's, but my short-comings is getting the gen-7 dialed in.
The converter flashed to 4700. I'd have to raise the stall and there is no lock up for the n/chance converters which was another reason for the higher shift pts. The cheaper route seems to be to purchase the 3 bolt standard housing and shelve the 4 bolt 4" v-band combo until later.
I really appreciate your time Bison and hopefully you will be able to sell it quicker now that the guys can see it's potential. Thanks again.
Yw. 4700 won't cut it on that combo even with the 212 cam. With a bigger solid roller and more overlap you will need it to flash up around 5700 to throw it right in the fat part of the power band. I'd get a converter from dusty. You don't want a lockup with that combo. A properly built nl will work better than anything.