turbonetics t76 thoughts.

matt921

So I recently got a turbonetics t76 from my buddy. The turbo only has 100+ miles on it. Was on a 2g dsm but was way to much turbo for it. I picked it up for 200 bucks so I couldn't pass it up only down fall its journal. Why turbonetics though it was a good idea to make that big of a turbo journal idk. I plan on putting it on my stroker but don't know how it will run. Spool time it is a 96 t4 undivided. I think its a little big but i can get another housing for good price. I know it has the capability of good numbers with the flow numbers. But has anyone had experience with it. Or any thoughts on it.

Why turbonetics though it was a good idea to make that big of a turbo journal idk
Because with the right combo the bb is not necessary.that's alot of comp wheel and a big ex housing you will now what your in for the moment you drive it.

Bb doesnt magically make big turbos spool instantly. Having the right converter and properly sized turbo with the proper exhaust housing for the goal will always spool quicker than the biggest turbo you can find, but BB.

That's a good thing to know cause it kinda shied me away at first. I know that ball bearings makes things nicer some times. But how do you guys feel about the .96 ar on the exhaust side. Should i get a 63?

First off what are your goals? That turbo is going to be a pig especially with the .96 housing. If your goals dont need a turbo that size, you will be happier going with something smaller. What turbine wheel does it have, a 68mm or 75mm? I would look into a .68 housing for it, and it is still going to be a pig compared to a 6766 that will support 9 sec power no problem.

I would like to be around 600 to the wheels. I'm not planning on keeping this turbo on the car for long pretty much I'm using it as a mock up for a Efr 8374 or 7670. The wheel that is on there is 68. I was looking into getting a divided 70 that turbonetics offers

I kinda felt that. I don't know what I'm gonna do. I guess Just save up ands get a Borg Efr from work.