Turbonetics is the slowest

Justin Terry

Man I sent them my racegate 3 weeks ago and they still havnt even started on it. They told me the part it needed and they said it wont be back in stock till May 26 so and then it takes a week to get here from california. But the thing that pisses me off is that they told me it would be rebuilt last monday and shipped out last tuesday and should have got here monday. Oh well guess i wont be driving my car until June.

I know the feeling. I sent them my 70BB turbo on March 21st of this year. They told me 3 weeks tops. I just got it back last week. Barely in time to install on my buddies car for him to go to BG.
Bubba

What did you send it back for? There is nothing to them. I took my brand new one apart to see what is there. Basically a diaphragm, seal and spring. You can get a rebuild kit for like $12.00 from Jack Cotton and do it yourself. Since Jack likes and runs that one he has stuff in stock.

Tell me about it. I have been waiting for my CPT-65 from Jack for a month and a half now. He is waiting for a T4 compressor housing from Tnetics. The suspense is killing me. I even thought about calling Jack and telling him to just build the thing in the smaller housing. I'm just impatient about things like spending buttloads of cash and waiting long periods of time. But he tells me it will be worth the wait, and I do believe him.

I sent them my turbo for a rebuild after eating part of my MAF. They did the rebuild and sent it back to me in a fair amount of time.

BUT

I asked if there were any upgrades. For about an extra $100, they did the "stage 5" upgrade (what ever that means) to the turbine side after I ate part of my O2 sensor. And this involved machine work on my turbine housing. For the compressor side repair: First they told me there is nothing they could do, then they told me the only thing they could do to upgrade the compressor side would cost $750!!!! That is what the whole thing cost new!!! So I said just do the rebuild. Of course after the job is done they tell me story number three - you could have used .... for just another $150. What a bunch of chumps - that is what I was asking about in the first place!

Then when I get the turbo back, there is no gasket for the wastegate plate. They say sorry they will overnight the gaskets. When the parts came I was at work and had my girl go to UPS to pick up the parts; something like $15 for shipping and $10 for the gaskets. They would not take a check for the parts, my girl only had $20 cash on her. UPS said if I called Turbonetics and had them call UPS with approval for a check, they would take the check. Turbonetics said it is not their policy and would not accept a check for about $25 for a few gaskets that they should have provided in the first place!!! I told them to forget it - refused shipment and ordered the gaskets from one of the favorite Buick vendors around here. - SCREW THEM!

That should have been a simple thing - But they pissed me off so much with their attitude that I am through with them.

Originally posted by Blown&Injected

That should have been a simple thing - But they pissed me off so much with their attitude that I am through with them.

Understood!

Another Customer "Service" outrage!

Why do people think this kinda crap is O.K.?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You could have gotten any part for a turbo in January. EVERYBODY starts buying in March when income tax refunds come in and alot of parts dry up.

Originally posted by Two Lane
Understood!

Another Customer "Service" outrage!

Why do people think this kinda crap is O.K.?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks for understanding.

I am not looking for something for nothing and I understand that things can happen that I might not like - but I can deal with that and I won't bitch about it. These people, however, were incompetent, they slacked on me, they slacked on themselves because I wanted to buy more services and parts and they did not know enough about their own products to sell me what I asked for (at least one of them that I first dealt with), then they added insult to injury.

Business like that makes people feel like something great happened when one gets just the bare minimum.

Not to mention dealing with Turbonetics direct will cost you at least 30% more. Most Vendors like Cottons discount all Turbonetics retail prices and services, and a vendor putting the pressure on them will get more done than just 1 person. Sad , but true, but it seems to be the way of all aftermarket performanceparts manufacturers these days, not just for our Buicks.

I can understand that they dont have the part and it wont be available till May 26. So it wouldnt have even helped me if i bought the rebuild kit. Because the part I needed wouldnt have been available. Its just that they told me it was gonna be rebuild and sent to me a week and a half ago. And when I sent it to the I called them everyday for a week to give them a credit card # to pay for the rebuild and all they did was put me on hold every time and it is long distance. I also left my name and # 4 times for somebody to call me so I could give them the credit card # and nobody ever call so I finally just lost it and called and bitched at them. And tht seemed to get my phone call returned.

Hi Guys,

All I can say is sorry for the trouble everyone has been having lately!

Shoot me an email with a brief description of what's going on and I'll to fix whatever I can.

I have already explained the problems I am having. I am thinking about you just sending my wastegate back and you giving me my money back and I will buy a tial wastegate or you can give me some credit for my racegate and the money I have already sent you and I will buy a new one. My car has been down for over a month because of your workers telling me I will have my wastegate back in a week. Know its gonna be the begining of june when I get it back.

Originally posted by disco stu
Tell me about it. I have been waiting for my CPT-65 from Jack for a month and a half now.

Big deal, I've been waiting for my bought/paid for BB CPT-70 Q-trim for almost 4 months :mad: T-netics inventory control problems. They have had the parts for over a month now and I still don't have it. Supposed to be this week, heard that before :( Your not alone. Cotton was kind enough to lend me a 66 way back in the beginning of April to get me running. T-netics needs to produce product, not promises. Like with so many companies today, waiting too late to make changes (people/facility) they know are coming only makes for :confused: customers.

Originally posted by Turbonetics
Please let's not waste bandwidth with descriptions here, just send me a email at work. :)

Thanks!

Your best bet is to deal with this publicly, your requests to "take is to email" nakes it seem you want the conversation not on the board to reduce negative critisisms.

IMHO, of course.

How am I wasting bandwidth when I have already posted two different times what problems I am having. I dont feel like emailing you because its a waste of time when I have already started this thread. Why dont you tell me what the hell you are gonna do to fix all the problems all these other people are having. I can also name other forums that people say they are tired of turbonetics. All I want is my wastegate. Or my money. Also I will not be calling your company back because it is long distance and I have already be put on hold for more than an hours woth of time. :mad:

Justin: Your gate was shipped today. I rather not post the tracking number on this board.

Anything else, let me know.