Turbolink and Windows 7?

Steve

I am working on another board member's car and he has a Turbolink set up for it and I decided to go ahead and install the software on my laptop. The software install went well and the test of the cord and adapter shows to be good but when I hit the connect button it starts to open a new screen and then the screen goes away and gives me an error and says new screen did not intialize. Is it a problem with the Turbolink or is Turbolink not compataible with Windows 7? Thanks

When I was trying to make turbolink work on windows 7 it was a real pain and I had to search through a lot of old post on multiple boards to get anywhere. I don't 100% remember the steps but I think you have to turn the administrator privledges off on the laptop before installing turbolink, then install turbolink and set it to have administrative privledges during install.
Once its fully installed, hook it up to the car and see if it works. Turbolink had to be turned on and running before I turned the key on in the car or I got an error everytime. U just won't have any data until the car is turned on.
If that all works than you can turn administrative privledges back on in the laptop itself.