Turbobuicksgarage oreilly's account/hydroboost purchases

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
Good luck returning stuff under that account without an invoice. Installed a cardone hydroboost that was purchased from a friend that was still new in box and bought under this account. Well needless to say it crapped out within weeks. Go to return for rebuild under the account and there isn't a single booster listed on the account even though he himself has purchased 5 of them. Cardone returned the booster "non-rebuildable" and I got into a little spat with the 50 year old parts puller, accusing me of lying about the booster being purchased and whatnot. THis account is worthless and oreillys is a joke, don't even get me started on cardone. I know I'm not the only one that has had problems with these reman boosters from cardone, I've called them and they seem to care less that they fail out of nowhere. For anyone trying to chase down one of these boosters, don't bother. Go to the junkyard and find one or get one from a astro van that is revised and much better than the original gbody and bbody boosters.

What's your point Jesse. Never had an issue even a few years later, with stuff I bought. They don't want to warrenty it. Go to a different store with the account info and they will load it and look it up for you. The store you're dealing with is trying to screw you.;)

What do you mean what is my point? Oreillys is deliberately trying to fuck people over. THey loaded 2 different accounts and there isn't a single hydroboost purchase listed, personal and turbobuicksgarage. I find it hard to believe not a single person bought a hydroboost under the turbobuicks account. Just trying to forwarn people here. I've contacted numerous stores with the same results. All other hydroboost conversion parts were listed EXCEPT the booster. I think what's going on is cardone knows they fucked up a lot of them and they don't want them getting returned and losing out on the money. I'm tellin ya there's something not right going on. You guys can think or do whatever you want but I'm letting everyone know this is what I've experienced. I've never had good experience returning things under warranty at chain stores, this was the absolute worst. People wonder why I scrounge for used original parts:confused:

they give you this piece of paper called a "receipt" when you buy stuff.. keep it- but make sure you get one of the good receipts and not the craptastical printed one that comes out of the cash register. the ink will smudge on those right away and fade to nothing within a few weeks.

go to www.piratejack.net and order a hydraboost rebuild kit. it was right around $60 when i got one a few years ago and it took me less than an hour to take it out, rebuild it, and put it back in.

Yeah I've seen the rebuild kits. Not gonna do much good when it's not rebuildable. What's the part number for the correct kit anyway? THere's 3 different ones.

they give you this piece of paper called a "receipt" when you buy stuff....[/quote]

Like stated before, I purchased this from a friend that had all the stuff. Even not having a receipt I've never had trouble returning things anywhere if they failed or if I just didn't need it. He's done numerous swaps and all his parts show up in accounts but not the hydroboosters.

What made it non rebuildable? Them not wanting to rebuild it?

I have yet to have a problem returning stuff to oreilly's. I'm on my third water pump in one of my trucks. It is a rebuild, I doubt it will last as long as new. Just have to be prepared to do the labor. x2 on the rebuild kit.

I don't know. Turbonut85 has had a similar experience with the reman boosters also. He had one immediately take out his ps pump, then he had to exchange it and buy a ps pump. Another booster he purchased had the same problem mine had. Took out the internals and put them in a used junkyard case. Guess what, it worked. We've come to the conclusion that cardone is doing something to the insides of these cases and messing them up. He is also stuck with his since you can only return them once. We are not the only ones that have received bad boosters out of the box or failures in short periods of time. I've seen the posts on the board.

long story short it is an account that can be used by anyone that knows about it on the forum to give a small discount. Don't even know if anyone does anymore but it used to be used quite often and it is still active

long story short it is an account that can be used by anyone that knows about it on the forum to give a small discount. Don't even know if anyone does anymore but it used to be used quite often and it is still active
To elaborate, it was set up through TBs several years ago for members of TBs. Earl Brown set it up and I use is as a comercial account myself. Depending on the part I get as much as 50% off so it's a pretty good deal. It has nothing to do with the current owners of TBs though.;)

It's a national account but good luck getting hold of Earl to use it.;) He was in the area that got hit by issac.:( Hope he's ok.

Yeah I've seen the rebuild kits. Not gonna do much good when it's not rebuildable. What's the part number for the correct kit anyway? THere's 3 different ones.

i can't remember the part number, but i got the most expensive one.. it is kind of a universal kit, so i had more than half of the kit left over when i was done.. i spent more time trying to figure out how to get the pedal pushrod out of the back of the piston and be able to get it to stay together when i was done than i did actually working on the booster itself.. it's really nothing more than a bunch of o-rings that you replace, and like anything else just make sure you keep everything clean and use some PS fluid to lube things up as you put it together..

nope... it's essentially a bag of o rings and a couple of brass washers or something with some generic instructions..

It's commercial account number 146667 "Turbobuicks Garage" out of Madison GA.

The first time you use it, you have to get your local store to log into corporate and load the account into their stores computers. After that's done, you're set.

The discount structure is what they call "progressive pricing". Basically the more money the shop spends, the closer the parts are to dealer cost. Since I spread the word around I have a pretty busy shop :)

Some of the more expensive stuff is damn near 1/2 price. I bought a Delphi fuel pump for my Blazer at close to the same price as the cheepie china brand (airtex I think). If you get a $12 set of crappy spark plug wires, or a tree air freshener, the discount will be next to nothing.

If the counter people are assholes, I can't help that. I just lined up the discounts.