Hydroboost PS Line PN Help

SpeedRacerX

Hey guys,

Switching over to hydroboost this weekend and ran into a snag. Supposedly, the hose that runs from the power steering pump to the hydroboost is PN 91660. That's what my bag and hose say but... the 2/3 rectangular end that wraps under, around and over the power steering pump is too small, i.e. there's no possible way this thing is connecting and reaching the port on the top of the pump.

Does anyone know of another part number that works?

The one on the right in this picture is the 91660 by the way. The hose on the left is the 71187 and seems to fit fine.

Thanks for any help.
20180812_124314.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Right end of the top hose that's too small.

The pic posted sideways.

Thank you. This is a big help. Article clued me in on a couple steps I might have missed. There is a picture of the new line attached to the PS Pump. It comes from behind whereas the factory line came up the left side, across the top of the pump and then turned down into to the threaded hole (this is what I thought was going to be repeated) but apparently not. I think I need to remove the big return line and give myself more room to get this snakey line in place. I also see that they bent the line 30 degrees which I wasn't aware of. I'm sure that's helping quite a bit. Thanks again.

Maybe this will help. I'll try to get a picture by the PS pump and steering box.
View attachment 326282
A pic of the connection at the pump would be awesome.

Also, I thought those lines needed to be reversed at the master cylinder, i.e. thin one goes to the front now and the thicker one to the rear hole basically reversing how they were on the power master?

It depends on what master cylinder you have. I believe that's how it was on the cast iron one I had.

I had forgotten how the original line went it's been so long since I had a Powerdisaster. The line for the Hydroboost doesn't go under around and over the top like the original. It goes up over the drivers side. I've attached a page from the 87 manual that shows the original line before hydro. I took a couple of pics of mine. It just goes over the top from the drivers side. I remember it took me a long time to figure it out because I ws trying it like the manual page.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_e5.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_e5.jpeg
    729.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6684.JPG
    IMG_6684.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2556.JPG
    IMG_2556.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
I had forgotten how the original line went it's been so long since I had a Powerdisaster. The line for the Hydroboost doesn't go under around and over the top like the original. It goes up over the drivers side. I've attached a page from the 87 manual that shows the original line before hydro. I took a couple of pics of mine. It just goes over the top from the drivers side. I remember it took me a long time to figure it out because I ws trying it like the manual page.
Outstanding! Thank you. This drove me crazy for hours this weekend trying to get the new line to do what the old line did. This is perfect. Now I also see why the thread posted above says to bend that line about 30 degrees. That 30 degree bend helps it follow and sit next to the angle of the bracket next to the line underneath.

Make sure you get it bled right and make sure your seatbelt is on or you'll go through the windshield until you get used to it.:eek:

Make sure you get it bled right and make sure your seatbelt is on or you'll go through the windshield until you get used to it.:eek:
Thanks. I'm doing the bench bleed of the master cylinder first, then the brake line bleeding. Then the procedure to burp the air out of the hydroboost. I look forward to having brakes again. ;)