Turbobuick owners sharpest in car world?

As much as I'd like to only agree the community is the sharpest in the car world I do and don't at the same time. From what I've seen over the years (20+ years I've owned since 1994) slot of people want immediate results (9's 93/alky), want it cheap, want it to last forever, and want to be able to blame someone or something when something fails. The rest are the ones who have actually gone and done it and know what it takes to go fast and know that they are prone to failure and breakage along the way. The gap between the two is huge. Over the years I've seen some great innovations with a lot of theory that was later backed up. I've also seen a lot of crap that was touted as absolutely essential be nothing but crap. I see a lot of bigger is better also. Most of the time smaller is better. I see a lot of cheap Chinese crap being marketed also followed by a lot of complaining about fit and function compared to the pre 2005 years where there was a lot less cheap crap available for these cars. The moan and groan from people since the inception of the social media has also increased. We definitely have produced the most out of the least as far as production bases cars goes. Running numbers that would be considered impossible by our own community 15 years ago. I've noticed that those who actually do have the know how are reluctant to show their ideas because of negative feedback. The best thing is the die hards that have stuck through it and still look forward to seeing each other at big events. I can't think of other communities with as many hard cores that have been together for as long as we have. A lot of great people here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you in this tightly bound and just as tightly wound :confused:, rag-tag bunch of car nuts!!!!!!!!!!:D

Don't we all start out wanting to go really fastin one way or another until we become more knowledgeable?

Merry Christmas
Yuh buncha weirdos!

I have owned mine since 1993, never wanted to run 9's. My top 4 friends local except 1 has a GN or T, the exception has a turbocharged 91 GT. There are a lot bigger % of the Buick crowd that are always there willing to help however they can. There are a few A-holes but I just don't speak to them:). I have some diehard Ford friends too but they show reverence for the ole Buick 6. I enjoy the fact that I built my own engine and do my own tuning(lots of research and brain picking on here). I ran 8.4 in the 1/8th with the stock chip and BGC fuel reg. I hope to get me an 11sec pass on 93 since the addition of the GEN2 and LS1 maf. If I can ever get some track time:) We might be a small community but guys keep innovating for us, Fox mustangs not so much anymore.

From what I've seen over the years (20+ years I've owned since 1994) slot of people want immediate results (9's 93/alky), want it cheap, want it to last forever, and want to be able to blame someone or something when something fails. The rest are the ones who have actually gone and done it and know what it takes to go fast and know that they are prone to failure and breakage along the way. The gap between the two is huge. Over the years I've seen some great innovations with a lot of theory that was later backed up. I've also seen a lot of crap that was touted as absolutely essential be nothing but crap. I see a lot of bigger is better also. Most of the time smaller is better. I see a lot of cheap Chinese crap being marketed also followed by a lot of complaining about fit and function compared to the pre 2005 years where there was a lot less cheap crap available for these cars. The moan and groan from people since the inception of the social media has also increased.

Agreed. And this part is also consistent with just about every car guy "group" on earth. Everything from the "need to have" crap and the Chinese shiz.

We definitely have produced the most out of the least as far as production bases cars goes. Running numbers that would be considered impossible by our own community 15 years ago. I've noticed that those who actually do have the know how are reluctant to show their ideas because of negative feedback. The best thing is the die hards that have stuck through it and still look forward to seeing each other at big events. I can't think of other communities with as many hard cores that have been together for as long as we have. A lot of great people here.

This part is what makes us different. Going on 22 years and I'm still here. And so are so many others. What can we do now? Turn it all in to build something else? No time for that. Too much time money and passion invested. Just keep going with what we have. Times will change so my Buick will have to change with the times. But I know I won't change.

Agreed. And this part is also consistent with just about every car guy "group" on earth. Everything from the "need to have" crap and the Chinese shiz.

This part is what makes us different. Going on 22 years and I'm still here. And so are so many others. What can we do now? Turn it all in to build something else? No time for that. Too much time money and passion invested. Just keep going with what we have. Times will change so my Buick will have to change with the times. But I know I won't change.

Maybe you won't change, which is a good thing.

That just means you will continue to help others that have questions as best you are able to do, nothin' wrong with that!

This brother/sisterhood of the TB community reminds me very much of the "ShortWing Piper" (Pa-20 / Pa22) airplane type club of which I belong. A pretty tight knit and generous community always willing to help out. My airplane was a stock '55 pa-22 model and was like cruising in a nice stock '55 Chevy . Kind of a blast from the past, and she drew her share of attention at every fly in . I like my GN for what it is. A real nice classic muscle car- another blast from the past.
When I was growing up, no one would think of being able to drive a 10 second car on the street , and have it as dependable as our TB's . That goes to show the knowledge of this group and the phenomenal capability of our cars. My '66 BB SS Chevelle was was like driving (and feeding) a beast. My GN is like driving a purring pussycat -- until you mat the pedal. That's what I think is so damn cool.