Turbobuick owners sharpest in car world?

From my experience buick owners are the best I've seen and doing most with less, of any group of car owners, plus we all help each other out, my first buick get together i went to, it was 5 guys all working on there car, they gave me a free welded header, gutted my cat, sold me blue tops for 100 bucks, and tuned my car perfect, it was like a new machine, i was scared of it how much more power it made running right.

100% agree. It seems as if they are always willing to help. I had two or three people helping me out at the GS Nats this year at the same time, and one guy ended up giving me a fuel pressure gauge. Awesome group!

Being a relative newbie , my opinion might not mean much , but here goes

Not only are TB owners "the best" , you guys seem to be pretty damned intelligent. I have been a gear head for 40 years and have learned a lot through experience. BUT you guys blow me away with your vast knowledge. Very impressive, in my book.

Being a relative newbie , my opinion might not mean much , but here goes

Not only are TB owners "the best" , you guys seem to be pretty damned intelligent. I have been a gear head for 40 years and have learned a lot through experience. BUT you guys blow me away with your vast knowledge. Very impressive, in my book.
Aw gee, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.:kiss:
I always watch as the other car guy groups struggle with their combinations because of theories, parts and tricks that don't work. Sometimes I have tried to explain that we were turbocharging and fuel injecting long before most anyone else. I guess they just don't believe me when I explain that my 30 year old Buick is as technologically advanced as their "new" cars. So, Why bother offering help or advise? Just stick to you own. Because Buick people appreciate it.

I can't agree more. I've only have my TB for about 4 years, and I'm blown away by the old timers(and some younger), that are so experienced with the technical side of these cars. We've lost a few really good ones on the board in the last couple years, but all in all, this board is full of great information. From the Turbo Farm West boys, Bison, Nick Micale, Dusty, Mike at FT, pacecarta, Coach(MIA), Earl(MIA), RC, Fastblackracing, NYtwinturbo, and so many more. For example, just take a read through Bison's latest IC thread. TB guys are the best!

i have seen nothing special about people that own these cars compared to people that own other cars.. in fact, i see posts exactly like this on forums for all sorts of different cars...

Compared to say the F-Body or Mustang communities, the Buick community is much smaller and more family like. I personally have met some great people at events or local to me who are a wealth of knowledge and willing to help out with parts, wrenching, emotional support, whatever. However, like with any car group there are resident experts, resident assholes, vendors we like to deal with, and those we learn to stay away from.

i have seen nothing special about people that own these cars compared to people that own other cars.. in fact, i see posts exactly like this on forums for all sorts of different cars...

There's the turd in the punchbowl. Now it's a party!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have to agree. In the 11 years i’ve owned my car i have met some good people and most are always willing to help.

I’m know other car groups have great people but it just seems different with our cars.

Perfect examples are the help we all gave GNGIFT and NASTYWENDY.

D

I have to agree. In the 11 years i’ve owned my car i have met some good people and most are always willing to help.

I’m know other car groups have great people but it just seems different with our cars.

Perfect examples are the help we all gave GNGIFT and NASTYWENDY.

D
Funny thing I noticed over the 21 years I've owned my car. If I go to any generic auto event there will always be a few of everything at these things. Two or three Mustangs... Three or four Camaros.... Two or three Chalengers.... Three or four Corvettes.......so on and so on.... And sometimes a few Turbo Buicks too!

Whenever given the chance, the Buick guys will always pal around and park together. Even if they don't know each other. The same can't be said about the other groups.......unless they were already friends before they drove in.

Lets stop patting each other on the back all night. We shouldn't have to. Everyone knows we're better than they are.:smug:

I've been a TR owner for 16ish years. I've known all of the things being said were true for a very long time. You guys STILL blew me away.:)

It's just a nerd thing! Actually it's more of an addiction. These cars have much less and much older technology than some of the other cars out there, but we still hang and still set the bar in many areas. Some of us guys can't sleep at night because our brains wrap around ideas and its hard to ease our mind till we try it. Then, some of those ideas fail, but some change the game completely. Just keep growing from there and compiling those ideas. Then vendors start supporting them, and our cars get faster and faster. Sharing those ideas is the key. Once the idea is out there, some perfect it. Ultimately, the GM engineers are the ones to thank. We have great guys like Bob Bailey that have made it possible for us to tune these cars. That's really the BIG key, most other cars don't have the tuning support that we do. TurboTweak is also a massive amount of help. Life is a lot easier when you can drop a chip into a car and go! Tuning, tuning, tuning. Doesn't matter how hot or mild your set up is, it needs to be tuned. Willingness to help others is a personal trait, there are good guys in every car group. It's just that our small group magnifies the ones that want to share and help.

It's just a nerd thing! Actually it's more of an addiction. These cars have much less and much older technology than some of the other cars out there, but we still hang and still set the bar in many areas. Some of us guys can't sleep at night because our brains wrap around ideas and its hard to ease our mind till we try it. Then, some of those ideas fail, but some change the game completely. Just keep growing from there and compiling those ideas. Then vendors start supporting them, and our cars get faster and faster. Sharing those ideas is the key. Once the idea is out there, some perfect it. Ultimately, the GM engineers are the ones to thank. We have great guys like Bob Bailey that have made it possible for us to tune these cars. That's really the BIG key, most other cars don't have the tuning support that we do. TurboTweak is also a massive amount of help. Life is a lot easier when you can drop a chip into a car and go! Tuning, tuning, tuning. Doesn't matter how hot or mild your set up is, it needs to be tuned. Willingness to help others is a personal trait, there are good guys in every car group. It's just that our small group magnifies the ones that want to share and help.

Wait.........

I'm a NERD?????????????

Dammit to hell, I thought I outgrew that shit. :eek::eek::eek:

I have to AGREE!

I have owned my 87 GN now for almost 2 years. The car i had wanted since HS(graduated in 88) but always had other project cars or was not ready for an 80's car. I have been a V8 gearhead my whole life. I look back now and wish i had got one back then.

So with that being said, it has been a learning curve for me. The TB guys are so great and have really made some good friends that i can say in some ways are better to lend a hand when it is needed!

Thank you all the Buick Guys!(y)

Actually I really dislike pasties. I think they should just let them be all the way out.

Merry Christmas.(y)