Turbo vs Non Turbo 87 motor

87GNTurboTTop

I still can't help but look occasionally if I seen an 86 or 87 non turbo regal for sale. I notice that 90% or the time the car has that (in my opinion awful) little V8.

Were the turbo car engines completely different from the non turbo of the same year? I would assume yes, but I am not sure.

Quite a few differences,
Non turbo lacks a turbo oil drain.
Different intake..
Internally cranks are typically non fillet journals..

These are just to name a few things..

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

The most important difference is that the Pistons used in the naturally aspirated engine are a light duty weak design and should not be used in a turbocharged engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember a long long time ago I had a 1985 olds cutlass with a V6 and the girl I was dating had a 1986 regal limited with the non-turbo V6. I drove both cars and I can tell you that I feel that Buick had a lot more power and would out accelerate my Cutlass even though we never lined the two cars up....

I remember a long long time ago I had a 1985 olds cutlass with a V6 and the girl I was dating had a 1986 regal limited with the non-turbo V6. I drove both cars and I can tell you that I feel that Buick had a lot more power and would out accelerate my Cutlass even though we never lined the two cars up....
That mind boggling 105hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk