turbo upgrade for THDP with internal wastegate

crownvic96

i've upgraded all the ancillary stuff on my 87(intercooler, injectors etc) so i'm ready to get into buying a turbo. i was looking at the 60-1 stage V .63 a/r ball bearing turbo from turbonetics. the guy on the phone said that i would have to use an external wastegate setup if i went with this turbo.

is this true? if it is i do not want to bother with buying more exhaust stuff. what is the largest turbo i could upgrade too on a terry houston 3" dp with internal wastegate, 50/55lb mototron injectors, PTE stock location i/c, rjc pp etc.

i really wanted a larger ball bearing turbo to help with spool up on the street as i am not really wanting too much lag.

the car will primarily be a daily driver.

basically I want to know what model turbos will bolt right up to my existing 3" THDP with internal wastegate. i have 3" piping going to the stock turbo now and a PTE SLIC.

thanks.

You need to provide more details of what you have for goals.... weight of car.... and detailed list of mods to get a good answer... on which turbo.....

Is it a street car... or a trailer queen?

A TE45A is a proven turbo that can easlily run mid 10's with the right parts at over 130 mph..... I'm sure some have probably gone 9's with it to..... but mid 10's are probably more the norm. It will also work with your stock wastegate.

It all depends on where you are now..... and where you want to be.

HTH

Call Jack Cotton for the Turbonetics BB turbos in 3 bolt housings with integral wastegates.

He can hook you up with the right size and the right housings.

Double BB's from Innovative as well in 3 bolt housings.

That's where I got mine, integral wastegate and double BB water cooled. :)

Jack caters to TurboBuick people with the right parts, let him deal with Turbonetics. ;)