Turbo tweak chip question

ADJMART

Finally got the car out on the highway after bolting on the Champion ported irons and while using the chip I had from the stock heads the wideband showed 14.0 at only 20lbs boost and I backed out immediatly.I had to add 18% fuel just to get the o2's to get under 11.0 at WOT which is usually my target.So it looks like I cant turn the boost up anymore cause the fuel is pretty much maxxed out.
Before adding the heads I could run 25lbs boost and subtract fuel.
Is this normal? I never would have guessed those heads flowed that much more.

Your moving a lot more air with the new heads, so yea your going to need a new chip burned for your new combination. If you don't want to spend the money I guess you could try turning up your fuel pressure at the rail, but I would get a new chip burned. Also I would post over on Eric's Forum TurboTweak Forum so he can help answer your questions, on his products.

Chuck

Boost

Finally got the car out on the highway after bolting on the Champion ported irons and while using the chip I had from the stock heads the wideband showed 14.0 at only 20lbs boost and I backed out immediatly.I had to add 18% fuel just to get the o2's to get under 11.0 at WOT which is usually my target.So it looks like I cant turn the boost up anymore cause the fuel is pretty much maxxed out.
Before adding the heads I could run 25lbs boost and subtract fuel.
Is this normal? I never would have guessed those heads flowed that much more.

Your boost gauge is basically showing you the restrictions in your head/intake. By getting free flowing heads, your boost looks lower, but volume is thru the roof.

I would have added about 10% in the chip if we reprogrammed it, so I think there is something else going on. I would first confirm fuel pressure under boost. If that's ok, then confirm alky flow, and maybe have Julio check out the pump (assuming Alkycontrol).

We can add more fuel if necessary, but it would be much more than normal for a TE44.