TURBO TOO BIG? Slow/no boost

This might be fun. I learned my lesson with used turbos. Cost me more to by it and repair it than just buying a new one.

I know its kinda scary to buy a used turbo. but the guy selling it gurantees it, and ran it on his own GN and his feedback is excellent. he has sold 3000+ items. But I will definitely check it as soon as it gets in. if I don't like it I send it back and get my money back.

That's a cheap price, if its off Flea bay make sure it aint Chinese, check the shaft play Asap.
and it is a garrett for sure. their were many many many pics, and hes giving me the wastegate actuator, the exhaust elbow, and the bell thing that bolts on the compressor housing

Sellers eBay name, if that is not tmi?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

I know its kinda scary to buy a used turbo. but the guy selling it gurantees it, and ran it on his own GN and his feedback is excellent. he has sold 3000+ items. But I will definitely check it as soon as it gets in. if I don't like it I send it back and get my money back.
I've got a nice bridge to sell. I gurantee it's never been raced.

Glad you are using a Garrett housing. PTE housing needs converter. All that being said, your converter still may be too tight if the wrong one is in there. By that I mean tighter than stock. You NEED to get the proper chip burned for the different turbo and converter. Hit up Eric and see if he does a trade in deal where you send in your old TT chip and get a discount on a new one. I think he does do that, but not sure if it is for all chips or just the SD ones.

well I got the turbo in and its awesome!!!!!!! it actually scoots now. it steel feels as if something isn't right not quite sure where to look. I also noticed now under heavy boost my knock gauge starts doin work which I don't like. I checked fuel pressure and were still good. so what else could their possibly be now? what do yalls knock show under heavy boost?

Lower the boost before you are changing a gasket or worse

That means nothing if you are getting knock.

I was just sayin I have it set to stock and not pushing it too hard. and my intercooler pipes keep popping off so I think some new boots are in the works and, I haven't checked my scan data yet while under actual boost, but, if I had to take a W.A.G id say im prolly running lean because the injectors cant keep up, they are dumping their full potential when im wanting more. She rolls good, tires still aint lightin up tho. Thank yall for still having input on this situation as time goes on and I tinker
That means nothing if you are getting knock.

Spray some hair spray on the pipe and slip the hose on, then clamp her down. Hair spray lubes it to get it on, then it is sticky to hold the hose on the fitting. I use gates fuel filler hose as a replacement for the thin stock pieces.

Spray some hair spray on the pipe and slip the hose on, then clamp her down. Hair spray lubes it to get it on, then it is sticky to hold the hose on the fitting. I use gates fuel filler hose as a replacement for the thin stock pieces.

Thats freeking genius!!!!!! Im steeling your idea tomorrow lol

The hose is much stiffer and thicker than the stock ones.

ive been under a rock apparently lol. I got a 4 foot section for free at my supplier, and got my compressor housing side from one I had layin around. but my next question is, when do you guys start to really feel the boost? im not feeling it until 3,000rpm when its hittin har I feel like it should spool sooner. maybe if I put it into tuner mode? and actually test fro boost leaks instead of assuming I got it? lol

Youre gonna blow that car up.

Did you get a chip burned for your setup?

You have a scanmaster?

Boost gauge?