turbo t with rot

bosted86

bought a turbo t from turbot990 (kevin hess) who assured me there was not rust on the body of the car. it is partially my fault not going to look at it. i had it shipped from indiana. guess i should have not trusted anyone on the board. car is an 87 turbo t with rot on the rear quarters, back floor and bottom of doors. car runs good however, i am afraid to get into boost not knowing what else he lied to me about. it has 127,000 miles. blue on blue with blackout. $4000 . if it dont sell i will part it out and make some money back. pm me if interested.

pics

I resized the pics you sent me today.

bt1.jpg

bt3.jpg

bt4.jpg

bt7.jpg

Kurt

How much for the car?I am in NJ also and could come check it out.Pm me your number and I will call you.

Thanks,Shawn

I dealt with him when he wanted to trade for my TA. He turned out to be a serious A**. What a punk.

i'd like $4000 so i can make some money back. i'm no going to stick it to someone as he did me. my number is 8564672157 if anyone is interested.

Have you thought of legal action? Hope you saved all the emails. Since it was shipped from out of state it might be a federal crime. can't hurt to make some calls on Monday.

Have you thought of legal action? Hope you saved all the emails. Since it was shipped from out of state it might be a federal crime. can't hurt to make some calls on Monday.

yeah, a friend is an attorney. i have to check the statute for theft by deception. i am a police officer and i will be making calls.

Shoot me a quick e-mail about the car......mods, how it runs and drives.......... I'm looking for a donor car, so as long as it runs and drives ok expanding foam quarters are fine........lol......

qwiktim@sssnet.com

IF you have any other pics of the car and the rust, I'd be interested to see them, I'm not too far away. Also, what mods are done?

from the pics posted that looks like you got a pretty decent deal for 4 grand imo.why not just keep it and do the little work it seems to need. you are not going to find a rust free car for under 10grand my friend, that's a guarantee.

from the pics posted that looks like you got a pretty decent deal for 4 grand imo.why not just keep it and do the little work it seems to need. you are not going to find a rust free car for under 10grand my friend, that's a guarantee.

I think he paid 6ish, from the other post. I don't think it was THAT bad a deal... Definitely worth 4k for someone looking for a driver. Beautiful color, and nice blue interior, and motor looks nice too.... all there..

seen other thread in feedback and there's a little more detailed info on rust. hole in floor,expanding foam in 1/4's to keep from rattling,etc.still damn well worth4k if you ask me.i paid 10k for 87 gn w/rust also but car 88.000m car and loaded w/ options. buddy told me i got ripped off,maybe ,maybe not. i'm new to these cars and i thought i got a decent deal considering the way these cars are getting harder to find esp, with all i see getting parted out. i agree on color combo also

really nice looking car, I like the color combo and black-out package. if I had $4k laying around, I'd be interested, even with the rust. I agree with some other posts, it might be worth it to fix the rust, keep it and just enjoy it.

I understand being dissappointed with the condition, I've bought all three of the turbo Regals I've owned off the board and I've been dissappointed all three times. the first one I tried to find a real "bargain" like you and it turned out to be a total POS "salvage yard special" with waaaaay to many problems to fix so I sold it for a loss about 3 months after I bought it. the second time around, I decided to pony-up and buy a low-mileage, unmodified car. still had a few problems with that one and I sold it after about 3 1/2 years. then I bought the car I have now. I paid a pretty good price for a 43k mile car with mods, but I was really dissappointed with it. I thought about taking legal action against the seller (no longer active on this board) but I decided to say the hell with it and just keep it and sort the problems out. It's been 3 years and I'm getting really close now. :rolleyes: but what the heck, I've had some fun along they way and it's going to be a blast to drive as soon as I can sort out the weird popping-stumbling issue.

That's not a bad looking car. But I know what you mean about the rust. Indiana cars are notorious for rust.

I take it that this is the same car?: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/253913-87-blue-blue-black-out.html If so it does mention some rust. How bad is the rust?

Nevertheless don't ever buy a car sight unseen. Especially when the brake pedal pad is upside down. :tongue:

yep thats it. i spoke to him on the phone about the rust. his exact words were "no rust on the body and surface rust on floor pans. there is a huge hole under the rear seat and both quarters are filled with expanding foam. there are hole were the wheel housing meets the trunk.

For what it's worth, I was going to look at this car on fathers day weekend but decided to go south to look at cars closer to home. Anyway When I talked to the owner of the car. I assume that Kevin Hess is a freind of his because he mentioned him. He also mentioned to me that he could give me rust free doors and trunk lid. You might want to talk to the original owner about the rust free parts that he offered me.
There was a different post before the one by Kevin Hess where the kid I spoke to was selling the car.

Here is the first thread of this car: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/253480-1987-light-blue-turbo-t.html

Think it through, that car is no where near a parts car and it might be cheaper to address the rust, correctly, than you think. Sorry for your situation though.