Turbo T needs help tring to get back on "TRACK"

dwavey

1. The cars state of mind until I dig in. The turbo I think TE60 it has 60 lb injections, cam is a 210/215.The trans was done buy a local guy with an Art Carr 3000 stall 9.5 Conv. The chip old turbo tweek. Fuel pump walbro 240? And a front mount intercooler. When I got the car it would run in the 12.0 range. As time went on it slowed to the 12.5 range due to head gasket failure. After life changing things sold the car appart. It was put back together and now only raf 13.0. I'm just trying to get back on track. Boost comes in super slow. I have some exhaust leaks too. I was also recommended to change the wastegate. I just wanted some opinions to sort this car out.​

The cam and some hard parts are the only things that have changed..I'm not sure how to post pics. i have some of the car it nice.

IMAG0183.jpg
I'm not used to posting pics on here.

Attachments

• IMAG0183.jpg
    IMAG0183.jpg
    819.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMAG0152.jpg
    IMAG0152.jpg
    656.8 KB · Views: 92
Cam is too big, go back to the 206/206. Rear tires too tall, 26" tall tires for 115 mph trap cars. Looks like you have 275 60's which are 28"s

So you're saying someone switched the cam from a 206 to a 210/215. That was a bad move unless you put on a set of ported heads with it. The cam is now to big. You can try shifting it at a higher rpm. Also the tire should read 275-60-15. You need to go to a 275-50-15 or a 255-60-15 at the most. You don't have enough power to make good use of a 28" tall tire. It kills the gear ratio making the car a slug in the first half of the track.

Yes they did. In my life change I sold the car with engine apart. But bought it back running..went to the track and 13.0 was the best result. My intention when I took it appart was roller cam. Make sence on the tires. Boost comes in so dam slow. It's horrible..

" Boost comes in super slow. I have some exhaust leaks too", = slow boost rise, whacked out O2 readings, poor fuel control.

We need to identify what you actually have. You think you have a te60 and you think a walbro 240? These parts need to be identified and verified as good. Do a cleanup. Drop the tank and replace the pump with a fresh one. Check voltage at pump. Should be very close to battery voltage. Check battery voltage under power. Check all grounds. Shouldnt be dropping to much below 13.5v under full power. The cam isnt doing anything for you and i doubt its hurting much to be honest. Id buy a better coupling converter before i wasted $ and time on the cam swap though i wouldnt do it till you get everything else ironed out. It will net more gain and is easier to do than a cam swap. Id pull the valve springs and verify the pressures and check the installed heights also. Once you do all these things youre ready to start changing up some stuff and looking for power.

Mr. Bison. I value every opinion,what you said makes a lot of sense. I have thought of these things, but i think some of us want a quick fix. I do think also the back tires may help too meaning going smaller. I thought of trying to send my turbo out to have a once over to or even an upgrade. Might you want to have a look at it? how can you be reached Via phone??