Turbo suggestion needed

434nova

Im looking to upgrade my turbo , not because i have maxed it out, but I believe there is more to gain from a turbo upgrade. My goals are for a solid 9.80s or better car. Here is a run down of my mods

235 ci 8.5 compression
Trw forged pistons
Stock rods with arp bolts
Stock crank
billet mains
fully ported gn1 heads
206 Weber roller cam ( Will upgrade the cam if it can't meet my goals )
1.65 roller rockers
Stock ported intake 62mm tb
current turbo te45a
Eastern front mount intercooler
72 lb injectors
dual nozzle alky from alky control ( might upgrade to e85 )
Fast xfi with e-dash
Red Armstrong double pumper
Stock headers
Dave Husek pro build transmission
Dave Husek 3521 converter
Fab 9 rear, aluminum center section, 3.50 gears
3.5 chromolly drivshaft
Trz double adjustable upper and lower rear control arms
Hr parts rear sway bar
Trz tubular front upper and lower control arms
Strange front disc brakes
Moser rear disc brakes
Qa1 r series front coilovers
Qa1 double adjustable rear coilovers
fiberglass front and rear bumpers
15 x 10 billet specialties and 15 x 4
275 60 15 Mickey Thompson drag radials

Current combo made 560 rwhp @ 25#s

Looking for 650 rwhp with that I think I can run 9.80s

6466 ? 6766 ? 6870 ?

What should I get?

Nice choices ...i went with the 6766 Hybrid that Bison makes(had a 6265)...great price as well....it is a beast at 90Lb/mn. Im running it easy with the stock crank though. I have a girdled/steel crank block on an engine stand : ) imho...650hp is one toe over the line with the stock crank my friend : o

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Nice choices ...i went with the 6766 Hybrid that Bison makes(had a 6265)...great price as well....it is a beast at 90Lb/mn. Im running it easy with the stock crank though. I have a girdled/steel crank block on an engine stand : ) imho...650hp is one toe over the line with the stock crank my friend : o

What is the hybrid 6766 ?

X2 with Work Turbochargers.

Call and ask for Reed and tell them Tyler C. sent you :) Reed is building my turbo for my TA block and GN1RR heads right now. He can also build you custom turbos to suit whatever your needs are.

IMO if you are shooting for 650rwhp on a stock crank and rods you are living on borrowed time...sure, there are people that have done it, but just because they have doesn't mean you can.. no offense..

Call Reed and tell him your combo and goals and he'll be able to recommend you a few different options, or even build you a custom turbo to suit your needs (which usually is cheaper than a new Borg Warner or Garrett offering).