turbo sb 2.2

countrybumpkin

TurboBuick.Com Known SCAMMER
has anyone used a sb 2.2 chevy in a turbo application ???? what is the correct compression ratio for a turbo engine ???how long do aluminum rods last in a turbo application???? what size turbo / injectors for a 368 ci chevy sb 2.2 ?? is there any ss headers avialible ???

You mean like this one:wink:

Attachments

• sb2motorIMG0004.jpg
    sb2motorIMG0004.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,173
  • sb2incarsmall.jpg
    sb2incarsmall.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,231
has anyone used a sb 2.2 chevy in a turbo application ???? what is the correct compression ratio for a turbo engine ???how long do aluminum rods last in a turbo application???? what size turbo / injectors for a 368 ci chevy sb 2.2 ?? is there any ss headers avialible ???

Compression can be anywhere from 8-1 or up to 10-1 depending on what you want to do. Generally most try to keep it under 9.5-1 for race gas.

There are several types of aluminum rods. Depending on the power level they are good for 50 passes or several hundred.

Turbo size also depends on the power you want to make. If you aren't shooting for 1800+ your better off with a conventional style head anyway. There are no stainless headers available unless you find someone who wants to sell a set that were custom built. I found a set but they were for an F-body.

I have SB2.2 heads on my SBC as well. The compression will depend on the type of fuel you are using. Gasoline is generally between 8:1 and 10:1 if you run Methanol it can be as high as 11.5:1. I use GRP rods and I have never had a problem with them in anything. I would replace them at 100 pass on an engine that has never had any issues (detonation,burned pistons, head gaskets etc). If you plan to run a single, a 106 turbo will provide PLENTY of power on a 368. I would use 160pph injectors with gasoline and double that on Methanol. Just as Dusty said, you are on your own for headers! Due to the chamber design on the SB2.2 heads, you have to be REAL careful on the ign timing or else!!!!!!:biggrin:

Sb 2.2

Thanks For The Info Guys !!!!!! Bill I Am Getting The Car From Mike It Looks Great Thanks For The Info... Thanks For The Pics Dusty I Cant Wait To Get Mine Together It Will Be Sweet >>>>>

Dave

Thanks For The Info Guys !!!!!! Bill I Am Getting The Car From Mike It Looks Great Thanks For The Info... Thanks For The Pics Dusty I Cant Wait To Get Mine Together It Will Be Sweet >>>>>

Dave

I checked out Mikes car last week while I was in Orlando, he is selling it practically for the price of the paint job. Good luck with your project!

What is the combustion chamber size on the SB2.2's? I've been looking at "other" heads for a unique combo, but am running into piston limits with a chamber of only 35-42 cc.

Seems like I might build a tall deck motor with the piston down in the hole a little. Not wanting to set any records, will that really affect me much?

Thanks,
John

What is the combustion chamber size on the SB2.2's? I've been looking at "other" heads for a unique combo, but am running into piston limits with a chamber of only 35-42 cc.

Seems like I might build a tall deck motor with the piston down in the hole a little. Not wanting to set any records, will that really affect me much?

Thanks,
John

They can be anywhere from 35 to 50cc. I went to the distributors house and picked out this set with 50cc chambers. They are now at 46cc after some machine work. What ci size are you wanting? You can run a 400ci motor with a standard deck block. 3.75 stroke and 5.7 rod and get a reliable piston. The tall deck is the only way to go with a 420+ set-up but I see no need in a motor that big. You will also have to run a spacer plate between the heads on a tall deck to get the intake to fit. I have to tame mine down now and boost can come in much faster than I need it with a 106.