Turbo Regal Criminal on Ebay!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Fasterthanyou
New? No, In my own defense in the original auction no where did it say you are bidding on a car, read the original ad, actually in one picture the valve stem is clearly visable.

You're not new to eBay? That surprises me.

Yes, you never said that the auction was for a car. You also did not present a photo of a valve stem. Your title as well as your photos are deceiving. You should be familiar with eBay's rules.

While I have little simpathy for people who do not thuroughly understand the terms laid out by the seller, at the same time I do not like sellers who attempt to use deceitful tatics.

Originally posted by Matt
You're not new to eBay? That surprises me.

Yes, you never said that the auction was for a car. You also did not present a photo of a valve stem. Your title as well as your photos are deceiving. You should be familiar with eBay's rules.

While I have little simpathy for people who do not thuroughly understand the terms laid out by the seller, at the same time I do not like sellers who attempt to use deceitful tatics.
Look at the side veiw see the tire, the valve, the stem?
BINGO.
To make a long story shrt again, it was an error and was corrected.

Look at the side veiw see the tire, the valve, the stem?
BINGO.
To make a long story shrt again, it was an error and was corrected.

No, I don't see it. That's beside the point though.

So you admit to your auction being deceitful?

No, I don't see it. That's beside the point though.

So you admit to your auction being deceitful?
You said that not me, if I was selling a valve cap and nothing more, and the bidding went over $1 I would have noticed my mistake and corrected it, which I did.
What about the people with no picture but a description? Are they selling the whats described or nothing?

A valve stem for sale should have been in the parts section with a clear picture of the only the part. It wasn't so the only conclusion is that it was an attempt to decieve potential bidders.

Originally posted by Pronto
A valve stem for sale should have been in the parts section with a clear picture of the only the part. It wasn't so the only conclusion is that it was an attempt to decieve potential bidders.
OK, one more time, I've explained this several times but I'll do it again just for you, this auction is for one valve stem cap should not have been there, the car was listed in parts cars not car parts.
Do you get it yet? No deception just a lot of ignorant people looking to play a game.
I rest my case.

You said that not me, if I was selling a valve cap and nothing more, and the bidding went over $1 I would have noticed my mistake and corrected it, which I did.
What about the people with no picture but a description? Are they selling the whats described or nothing?

I think we know the answer then.

From eBay's user agreement terms:

5.1 Listing Description. You must be legally able to sell the item(s) you list for sale on the Site. You must describe your item and all terms of sale on the listing page of the Site. Your listings may only include text descriptions, graphics, pictures and other content relevant to the sale of that item. All listed items must be listed in an appropriate category. All items in multiple item listings must be identical.

"BUICK GRAND NATIONAL LOOKY, LOOKY" as the title as well as photos of your project car are in no way relevant to a single valve stem cap.

Like I previously said, before you sell items on eBay you need to become familiar with the rules you agreed to.

"BUICK GRAND NATIONAL LOOKY, LOOKY" as the title as well as photos of your project car are in no way relevant to a single valve stem cap.

Like I previously said, before you sell items on eBay you need to become familiar with the rules you agreed to.
I remember an auction, I can't remember what is was for, it showed a guys hand pointing to the object. If I bid and won this object would I have received his hand? I remember it was in miscellaneous

I remember an auction, I can't remember what is was for, it showed a guys hand pointing to the object. If I bid and won this object would I have received his hand? I remember it was in miscellaneous

Was the hand up for auction? Are you legally able to sell your hand?

</thread>

So basically you're saying I could have sold the valve stem cap for big bucks, it is related to the pictures and descrpition of the auction,
Then say "opps I put in the wrong catagory"
Your nuts, I worded it wrong,period, it' been fixed, I'm sure you don't go around correcting everyone's mistakes.
Do me a favor proof read the rest of my auctions.

OK, one more time, I've explained this several times but I'll do it again just for you, this auction is for one valve stem cap should not have been there, the car was listed in parts cars not car parts.
Do you get it yet? No deception just a lot of ignorant people looking to play a game.
I rest my case.

Why show a pic of the valve stem cap then? There are more important things to show when selling a car than the v-cap.:confused:
IMO, your actions on this BB indicate your are guilty of trying to defraud a buyer. There have been people that have made mistakes and a simple "sorry" or ?? has always been enough to clarify the situation but you have continued to harass and flame others and draw it out and for what reason?

Arguing on the Inet is a complete waste of time on everyones part. This goes for everyone that has jumped on this thread (including me).
We don't need a Mod to lock this thread we just need to let it die.
If it was an honest mistake then I appologize but your actions indicate different.

ks

Originally posted by KEVINS
Why show a pic of the valve stem cap then? There are more important things to show when selling a car than the v-cap.:confused:
IMO, your actions on this BB indicate your are guilty of trying to defraud a buyer. There have been people that have made mistakes and a simple "sorry" or ?? has always been enough to clarify the situation but you have continued to harass and flame others and draw it out and for what reason?

Arguing on the Inet is a complete waste of time on everyones part. This goes for everyone that has jumped on this thread (including me).
If it was an honest mistake then I appologize but your actions indicate different.

ks
Fella I've too many incomprehensible auctions on ebay to list them all, not just mine the original auction was for the car in question, the valve stem comment was purely accidental, I revised the auction description explaining this FACT, funny guys on this sight bid the car out of the atmosphere at $15,000 to have some fun,so no one else would bid, they all cancelled their bids so one of their buddies will pick the car up for nothing. This auction has been revised again it is noew just for a valve stem cap. The funny boys here ruined this auction for everyone.
Thank you for your comment.

Originally posted by KEVINS

ks
I'm harssing?
Read the whole thread, I'm mearly defending myself.

You "accidentally" typed, "...THIS AUCTION IS FOR ONE VALVE STEM CAP."

Man, that's one heck of a typo! I guess the "..ALL PARTS SHOWN ARE SHOWN..." was a typo, too. That usually reads "all parts shown are included" or "all parts included are shown".

The difference between all of the other "misleading" auctions that you refer to and yours is that they spell out very clearly in the title or the text, what is included in the auction. With all of the pictures and the title of yours, if you missed the one sentence about the valve stem cap you'd think you were bidding on the car. Misleading crap like "..all parts shown are shown.." Your intent to defraud was obvious. Only when you were called on it did you change your ad. Surely you don't expect anyone to believe that "...cut and paste got screwed up..." B.S., do you?

I'm sure there are plenty of ads as misleading as yours on eBay. You just happened to use a Buick Grand National in yours and we Turbo Buick owners look out for one another. That's the only reason we caught it.

The auction to everyone looked deceitful. Now he is on here fighting with everyone that makes a comment. That's not what this board is about in my opinion. This whole thread was started to inform a potential buyer that there was a possibility someone was being deceitful, a way in which we watch each others backs. Is that to hard for mr fasterthanyou to understand? Look at most of the other threads and tell me I'm wrong.

Originally posted by SinistrV6
You "accidentally" typed, "...THIS AUCTION IS FOR ONE VALVE STEM CAP."

Man, that's one heck of a typo! I guess the "..ALL PARTS SHOWN ARE SHOWN..." was a typo, too. That usually reads "all parts shown are included" or "all parts included are shown".

Have you ever heard the theory about the infinite number of monkeys eventually typing out the complete works of Shakespeare? His auction is proof positive that it only takes one monkey to type a bunch of crap. :D

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.