Turbo recommendations

JUSTA3.8V6

Hey guys, I am doing the 210/215 full throttle roller soon and champion ported irons w 3000 stall. What turbo would you recommend?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have a 3&1/2" down pipe on the stock turbo now. So maybe something I can bolt the down pipe to if possible.

I hate to nuthug :) but I'd contact Bison. He's studied the new turbos as much or more then anyone here....at least for a educated recommendation.

I hate to nuthug :) but I'd contact Bison. He's studied the new turbos as much or more then anyone here....at least for a educated recommendation.

Agreed! But, what are you're goals?

Hey guys, I am doing the 210/215 full throttle roller soon and champion ported irons w 3000 stall. What turbo would you recommend?

I have the same cam, heads, and stall and I run a bb 6266. Love mine. Spools instantly and pulls like crazy

It all depends on how much money you want to spend and how fast you want to go. I have that cam and homeported irons and went 10.97 on a old school TE-62 with a Dutt neck IC.

Its not just about bolting a big turbo on and expecting to go fast. Its about making good decisions on parts to work together and tuning.

I understand that. It's not like I don't have supporting mods. I just don't want to go too big as to where it takes a minute for boost to come on.

Same combo on mine with a 6262 journal bearing, instant spool, but you'll want to go with a non lock up converter as with this combo you'll have to much slip on the top end with out it.

Chuck

My concern would be the converter. Will it couple well enough to get the car down the quarter mile in the power band?

You think it's too low? I don't wanna lose lock up. What do you recommend? 3200?

Contact dave husek for a good L/U converter.

Talk to him and tell him your goals and he will set you up with a three mile smile.

You think it's too low? I don't wanna lose lock up. What do you recommend? 3200?

Id be worried it's too loose. I don't rec converters based on a stall number down low. When you are driving down the quarter mile the engine is at a lot higher rpm. That's where the converter needs to work. I've seen zero benefit to running a lockup at that level.

I run in the tens with a lockup and some people have run in the nines with a lock up.

Having a ten second car at the track that runs on the street more than at the track is why a good L/U is still a viable option for some.

The people who still prefer a L/U should do there homework as they can compete with a NLU no problem in street strip duty.

I have no problem coupling and haven't driven through the converter yet.

I run in the tens with a lockup and some people have run in the nines with a lock up.

Having a ten second car at the track that runs on the street more than at the track is why a good L/U is still a viable option for some.

The people who still prefer a L/U should do there homework as they can compete with a NLU no problem in street strip duty.

I have no problem coupling and haven't driven through the converter yet.
Post up your data.

If your gonna stay in the range of 11.40-11.70 and street driving 95% of the time ,and are dead set on lock-up converters id go with a multi-disc vigilante, if your gonna be 1/4 mile-ing it a lot and plan on going faster and faster id go with a NL converter 9"-9.5"...imo..