Turbo problems

Allblackv6

This might be a dumb question, but is there supposed to be blow by from the turbo and if so how much? I had just had my ta-49 rebuilt because it had too much blow by and it all ended up in the intercooler. I fear it might have taken a dump on me again.

There should be zero blow by unless you have a crankcase pressurization problem or a drain back problem.

There should be zero blow by unless you have a crankcase pressurization problem or a drain back problem.

There is minimal oil on the compressor side. I plugged up the PCV valve. I don't know if that might have caused it. I'm in the middle of hooking up a breather/catch can up to the valve covers.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388877648.422770.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388877674.173524.jpg

Does your turbo inlet bell still have the hose that connects to the valve cover? If so, that might be your problem.

Then like bison said above, you either have crankcase pressure issues, or maybe a turbo drain problem.

The oil out of the valve cover breather suggests a problem with crankcase pressure (PCV valve or blow-by).

You say there's minimal oil on the compressor side, so I wouldn't think it could be the oil seal in the turbo. It could possibly be an obstructed drain line. If the oil is only on the exhaust side of the turbo, I'd probably check for oil in the exhaust before the turbo. This could be an indication of bad rings.