turbo plenum porting?

It jumps around to much making it hard to follow

It didn't at the beginning but wth all the comments it has now.:redface: You do need to pic through the BS and look at the tech to figure out how to do the work. I guess Aj's right about re-doing it.:mad:

It didn't at the beginning but wth all the comments it has now.:redface: You do need to pic through the BS and look at the tech to figure out how to do the work. I guess Aj's right about re-doing it.:mad:
Charlir its a good bit of info bur it has to many questions from other people makeing way to long and confusing.So what can I do to my turbo without having to use a 301 system? MIKE

you can do what i just found out use a 85 turbo and put your cold side on it.

Any of the hot sides off any of the SFI cars will work much better. It doesn't have to be of a HA. The smaller wheel and better housing will help to spool the turbo much better and get it to the "sweet spot" faster. I've even looked at the Eclipse (early) hot side as an alternative. A 4 bolt flange and an even smaller wheel with a bigger opening to let the exhaust out. The biggest thing is you have to remake the up and down pipes for what ever you do.

upgraded turbos run about 350 bucks each.

with the option of a TA33, T3/50, T3/60.

those are all available for the stock draw thru housing. the prices are lower if you can provide cores.

OR

I offer the 301 unit, bolt on using foot adapter, less cover machine work - for around 400. upgrades are available for this two.

come on down to A.J.'s Turbo Service... we can get ya boosted!

A.j.

Believe me guys, Aj isn't making much on these if anything. That's an incredible deal if you can manage it or need a turbo.

Believe me guys, Aj isn't making much on these if anything. That's an incredible deal if you can manage it or need a turbo.

honestly.... if you guys are hard up and want the work I can help.... I dont mind doing the assembly if you dont feel to confident about it - which is understandable, collect all of your cores and I can insure you get the right bearings seals etc etc. just spare me a few beers and a conversation if we ever meet.

I just want to get more B4B cars out there... im trying to do all I can to support our underdawg!

:eek:A.j.

Mat,

Im just waiting for the NDI to come back clean on the wheel... once thats good i can get it out to you.

A.j.

honestly.... if you guys are hard up and want the work I can help.... I dont mind doing the assembly if you dont feel to confident about it - which is understandable, collect all of your cores and I can insure you get the right bearings seals etc etc. just spare me a few beers and a conversation if we ever meet.

I just want to get more B4B cars out there... im trying to do all I can to support our underdawg!

:eek:A.j.

WOW! I knew there was a reason you're one of my buds Aj.:biggrin: We think alike about these underdogs. They've gotten under my skin since I got into them. You're being very generous to offer the work like this.:)

Mat,

Im just waiting for the NDI to come back clean on the wheel... once thats good i can get it out to you.

A.j.

sound good tell me when. i will have to get you my address when your ready.

plenum porting

cut the top if the plenum open around the butterflys to get access to the plenum start deburring and polishing soon .Think Im going to put a standard holley on it will make a small adapter plate for it . Im thinking of taking off the 650 double pumper spreadbore for a 600 vaccum secondary or double pump have not decided yet

Since there has been such a discussion about this I decided to take some pics for you guys. The first is of the plenum and what needs to be removed. This is what I'll be cutting out and putting another piece on it to open it up more. The second is the plate I'll be welding on. If you notice it has a pipe in it for something to be added, like alky. It has 4 holes on both sides of the bottom and 2 tubes but only one will be used. In red you'll see a downward dimple on the plenum to clear linkage and a line. The line is where the ERG passage is so you want to be very careful about cutting around it. The adaptor is also in red. and yes, that's my mini starter supporting it.:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 125
Finished turbo porting plenum

Finished my intake plenum friday . Cut the butter section off the top of the plenum to get access under neath its very similar to charleys but Idid not leave any thing in the middle. After that used a dremmel tool through the intake outlet to polish the plenum floor and sides the reason for this is you will nicck theout let up while your polishig the floor and walls. After that Iblende where the mounting flange is welded to the plenum these areas are always nasty used a carbide cutter for that .Once that was completed the throat from the plenum to the turbo was all blended and ported brought the intake to 320 grit .Itis now a lot biigger abd smoother in the throat area tookk ot all sharp corners and hogged the hell ouy of it dont know if it will help or not boy would have to say looking at a stock and ported plenums side by side it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out which one flows more.All and all think it will help its alot bigger and smoother I would recommend it to others because it is easy and cheap. Mike

Agree with you on welding the top of the plenum by hte base plate Charlie thats the biggest restriction dont know if Im using a differant carb yet. If I do will weld that area and port that throat bigger than it would really flow. Mike

and where are Freddie's pics:confused::confused:

On page 1 Jesse. We're on page 3 now.:biggrin:

Agree with you on welding the top of the plenum by hte base plate Charlie thats the biggest restriction dont know if Im using a differant carb yet. If I do will weld that area and port that throat bigger than it would really flow. Mike

If you can get your buddy to make a thin plate like I have or want to try it yourself then you can do the md to the plenum. It shouldn't be hard to make either. Just some plate aluminum and drill some holes, then just hand finish it.