Turbo oil line leak

Clarkjg33

Have some oil leaks (passenger valve cover) also took off the turbo cover. Looks like I have the bottom line leaking and possibly the top supply line. Two questions.. 1. The bottom drain line. Is that a gasket that can typically be bought at oreillys advanced etc? 2. The supply line the fitting that is in top that screws into the housing. Does this just bolt on or should the threads be taped or anything to help seal? Looks like both are leaking. Any help would be appreciated.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1377959144.263744.jpg

Thanks,

Jeff

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

For the top fitting, take it off and put teflon tape on the fitting and line threads.
I think they both sell the gasket, try to find a part number before going in there.
Fel pro has a kit, part ES72697, it has the drain gasket, but also has the exhaust
donut, 3 o-rings, throttle body gasket. I can't find the number for just the drain.

For what it's worth, getting the drain line (bottom) is a lot easier if you swap the bolts for studs and nuts. :cool:

For the top fitting, take it off and put teflon tape on the fitting and line threads.
I think they both sell the gasket, try to find a part number before going in there.
Fel pro has a kit, part ES72697, it has the drain gasket, but also has the exhaust
donut, 3 o-rings, throttle body gasket. I can't find the number for just the drain.

No. Dont do this. You need non hardening Teflon paste. The line threads are not a pipe thread and is an inverted flare which requires no sealant. Teflon tape can enter the oil feed and block the holes in the cartridge which will lead to rapid failure. Ive seen it happen more than once. Anaerobic sealant can be used instead of a gasket on the oil return.

I used thread locker high temp thread sealant. I hope that's what you mean bison

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

My top fitting leaked after switching to syn motor oil since than switched back. You need the thick bottom gasket check around even at the dealer.