Turbo Nova

BoostedDeuce

I purchased a 67 Nova with a turbo buick in it. I hope I don't get flamed for it. I came to this site to learn more about the turbo buick. I have always been a fan of the GN's and SY/TY's. I came accross the nova on e-bay after I sold my drag car (66 Chevelle, 15:1 496, 2 stages (it was on ebay also)). I was looking for a drive anywhere street car that can still lay the smack down.

My experience with FI and turbo is non existant. I am a carb/nitrous guy to the bone, but I have a feeling this car may change that. Is there any advice anyone can give me as a person new to all of this?

Thanks
Charles

Sorry to post this in another section, but I think it might get more exposure here as its own thread.

Originally posted by BoostedDeuce
I purchased a 67 Nova with a turbo buick in it. I hope I don't get flamed for it. I came to this site to learn more about the turbo buick. I have always been a fan of the GN's and SY/TY's. I came accross the nova on e-bay after I sold my drag car (66 Chevelle, 15:1 496, 2 stages (it was on ebay also)). I was looking for a drive anywhere street car that can still lay the smack down.

My experience with FI and turbo is non existant. I am a carb/nitrous guy to the bone, but I have a feeling this car may change that. Is there any advice anyone can give me as a person new to all of this?

Thanks
Charles

Sorry to post this in another section, but I think it might get more exposure here as its own thread.

read, read, search, search.

When in doubt going to the library may help:
http://www.t6p.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Congrats on your purchase. I've got some video clips of a Turbo Nova running 9's!

Your first source of all the basic info on Turbo Buicks is here>>>

www.gnttype.org

Spend some time there soaking up the info on the motor.

This hybrid section's relatively new but doing well. The one at
t u r b o b u i c k S.com is a really good one two. (you'll learn soon enough why I typed it that way:rolleyes: )

www.t6p.com is a good one too.

Both of my favorite cars, have made a lovechild. I saw that car on Ebay. Awesome. Does it run good?

I'll let you know this weekend, I pick it up on friday.

edit checking the turbobuicks.com thing

didnt notice anything about it? why was it typed that way?

Originally posted by BoostedDeuce

edit checking the turbobuicks.com thing

didnt notice anything about it? why was it typed that way?

Try typing it with the www in front of it and see what shows up.

Is this the one with the huge scoop? that car LOOKS BADDASS!

Originally posted by disco stu
Both of my favorite cars, have made a lovechild. I saw that car on Ebay. Awesome. Does it run good?

Originally posted by BOOSTEDGNs
Is this the one with the huge scoop? that car LOOKS BADDASS!

yes it is. that is everyones impression of it when they see the pic, but it looks a lot less huge in person in my opinion.

car runs realll nice. feels a lot different then a big block car thats for sure. it actually feels a lot faster then I was expecting. 20lbs on pump gas with the methonal and its a monster. I can't wait to see what itll do at 30lbs on some good gas. my wife is hooked on the car, she didnt really show that much intrest in the old car, now she just looks for reasons to take this car out, driving or passenger. I wish I would have done this from the beginning. I had more fun with this car in the last day, then with my old car in the last year. It is so much funner to have a car that you can get in and drive anywhere.

Hey Charles,

Welcome to the club! (The 60's Nova with GN power club, that is...)
There's lots of potential with this combo. I've been enjoying my setup for years now and you will too if you follow the good advice around on the sites already mentioned. Keep reading and learning and you'll be stomping on mustangs and vettes in no time!

Chris

i built a72 nova a few years back,using a stage 2 motor built by precision turbo.i never tuned it was mostley a show car.it ran 8.9 at 156 mph, pig rich 20 degree timming 20 Lbs boost.:cool: