Turbo mount

Nascarcamper

Getting ready to install a new turbo a Cheetah Stage 3, yea is small but you have to start somewhere :wink: . My question is on the mount, the "?" bracket that was on the stocker I feel needs to be there to save the exhaust manifold, is there a aftermarket mount available or does everybody just remove the one from the stocker and install on their new turbo's? Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. Any and all advice is welcome, pictures would definitely be the greatest help.

Attachments

• turbo bracket.JPG
    turbo bracket.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 148
Here's the turbo. Notice the mounting holes on the exhaust side. Doesn't the Cheetah have those where those bolts are? They should line up with the turbo bracket.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 152
Thank for the reply, NO the Cheetah does not have a bracket for those two screws or studs. I am wondering if they are available or if a bracket from a stock turbo would fit, anybody have any ideas?

It's hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like you have two bolts there. Don't they line up with the bracket?

The picture above is of the stock turbo. If I have to I will remove and see if it will work on the Cheetah, just want to make sure there are no other options out there.

The picture above is of the stock turbo. If I have to I will remove and see if it will work on the Cheetah, just want to make sure there are no other options out there.
The mounts of your old turbo should work,Sorry but Had I noticed that I would of sent you some along with that turbo but that's the way turbonetics offered them originally, I have seen installations where the bracket was eliminated without a problem but GM used it for a reason. As to what waste gate actuator to use, your stock one will work or order an adjustable one from PrecisionTurbo,turbonetics or Limit engineering.

Would you still be willing to send me one? Let me know how much, would it be a stocker or a Turbonetics or other? Let me know Lou.
Thanks, Tim
The mounts of your old turbo should work,Sorry but Had I noticed that I would of sent you some along with that turbo but that's the way turbonetics offered them originally, I have seen installations where the bracket was eliminated without a problem but GM used it for a reason. As to what waste gate actuator to use, your stock one will work or order an adjustable one from PrecisionTurbo,turbonetics or Limit engineering.

Would you still be willing to send me one? Let me know how much, would it be a stocker or a Turbonetics or other? Let me know Lou.
Thanks, Tim
PM me with your address & I will send one out, Or better yet send me a plane ticket & I'll fly out & bolt it on for you.