Turbo Link 4.0 Connects but gets pop up error of Window Failed to Intialize

DMAC

After spending an hour working on compatiblity issues , I now have the turbo link connecting but

Now I have a pop up box that reads Window Failed To Intialize , I havent found anything in the help files that address this.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I am about ready to drop kick the laptop !!

I also searched previous post here

Running Windows 7 on Asus laptop

But I am opening file with 98 windows compatiblity checked.... it connects to ECM but that is as far as I can get

I have tried using profanity while banging on the keyboard to no avail !!!

Where is this windows 98 compatability check box you talk about?

You can right click and select properties

Then underadvanced settings you can select compaitblity options to choose the settings you open file with.

Right click properties on what? Turbolink? You're running windows 7, not windows 98. Telling Turbolink to run in win98 compatibility mode isn't going to help because you have NO 98 on your computer. There is no win98 pieces left in win7 to run programs like turbolink that need to run under win98. You would also have to have win98 on a dual boot computer setup.

If you want modern high speed datalogging, it might be a good idea to upgrade to Powerlogger.
Direct Scan and Turbolink have been left in the dark ages.

I think I agree with you on that , It is a shame because this is a complete systtem including the box !

I am going to try to sell it or trade for scanmaster

Well, since you have TL, which requires a laptop, why not go with the much more powerfull Powerlogger? Since you are already used to using a laptop for data collection.

There are many of us that enjoy the best of both worlds, running Powerlogger, and Scanmaster together!!!