Turbo lbs per minute figure

Buick Beginner

Where is my $$$ going?
Gentlemen,
I've got a question I'm hoping I can get answered here on the board. The compressor wheel in my turbo has a "lbs per minute" rating on it, according to the turbo builder. My question is, does anyone know what the intake wheel on a Precision TE-44 is rated at, in lbs per minute? (For example, a 60-1 intake wheel on a Turbonetics T04B moves 57 lbs per minute.) Any takers? - BB

some one has alittle to much time on there hands, what in the world would you need that info for besides stumping ricers?

btw, lbpm, i know a/r is stamped on turbos but i have never herd of lbpm stamped on a turbo???

There's not a single pounds per minute number, but instead a whole plot of numbers called a compressor map. It shows the turbo efficiency as a function of pounds per minute (x axis) and boost ratio (y axis). For example, go to www.turbonetics.com (which apparently now belongs to Performance Techniques in San Bernardino, CA but still has maps), click on compressor maps, and then on 60-1.

P.S. The simplest way to look at these is to take pounds per minute air and multiply by 10 to get hp. That assumes a few things but works pretty well. That means the 60-1 is most efficient between 250 hp at 7 psig and 450 hp at 15 psig.