Turbo-kit

231_natural

In the book: V6 Performance by Pat Ganahl, they mention a turbo-kit made by kenne bell. Anyone ever heard of this or know if there are any out there somewhere?

Kenne-Bell no longer sells Buick parts. I don't know of anybody selling a kit. The advent of the factory turbo'd cars in 78 pretty much made a kit obsolete. You'd have do some searching but back around 77-78 Car&Driver did a roadtest on a turbo'd Skyhawk and I'm thinking John Hawley built the kit for that one. It was the same as the K-B kit so who knows who really made it. Too bad. I really liked the looks of that one with the sidedraft Delorto carb on a 4V intake. I'm thinking you could piece your own together using the factory exhaust manifolds and a plenum/adapter from the aftermarket. Fab your own up pipe. Use a MSD to control the spark and timing.

Kenne-Bell no longer sells Buick parts. I don't know of anybody selling a kit. The advent of the factory turbo'd cars in 78 pretty much made a kit obsolete. You'd have do some searching but back around 77-78 Car&Driver did a roadtest on a turbo'd Skyhawk and I'm thinking John Hawley built the kit for that one. It was the same as the K-B kit so who knows who really made it. Too bad. I really liked the looks of that one with the sidedraft Delorto carb on a 4V intake. I'm thinking you could piece your own together using the factory exhaust manifolds and a plenum/adapter from the aftermarket. Fab your own up pipe. Use a MSD to control the spark and timing.

yea i found that out the hard way today looking up parts! LOL:D