sixster

Hi ,
what is the best way to identify a turbo - it looks stock
heres a pic
thanks
pop.jpg

iiii.jpg

tty.jpg

I have the same question. Anyone ever get back to you?

Looks like it might be a stage 2. The compressor appears similar to a t04e60 when viewed through the compressor inlet but the splitter blades appear a little straighter than the t04e60 compressor. Also the late compressor cover with the raised lettering was typical of the stage 2. I've never seen a stage 2 without the raised letters. It looks like a Garrett .63 ex housing though which is not common to a stage 2. Hopefully it's a t04e60 compressor.

Looks like it might be a stage 2. The compressor appears similar to a t04e60 when viewed through the compressor inlet but the splitter blades appear a little straighter than the t04e60 compressor. Also the late compressor cover with the raised lettering was typical of the stage 2. I've never seen a stage 2 without the raised letters. It looks like a Garrett .63 ex housing though which is not common to a stage 2. Hopefully it's a t04e60 compressor.
I thought that too. Couldn't remember what the stage 2 compressor looked like. The splitter blades didn't look right, but thought maybe it was the angle.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388872574.860613.jpg
stage 2 compressor on left . T04e60 on right.