turbo help

darth

I've been reading posts for a while now and am finally asking a question. I have a slightly modified 84gn that has a turbo problem. I'm hoping an 85 turbo fits an 84. If not I'l rebuild mine, but I'm not my housing is still good. When I had it apart 1000 miles ago the seals were bad and some gouging on the shaft and mild end play. It smokes burnt oil at idle at least thats when I see it. My boost has dropped from 18 to 20 to 10 to 13 at on hard acceleration it falls flat and dark rich fuely smoke can be seen. The paint is new and close to perfect and the interior is even better. Too bad it smokes like a cigerette. If anyone has a new one I'll pay top dollar. If anyone has a great working one I'll pay a little less. If you have any Ideas please let me know. There is a gn shop in my area but It does not seem like they like ha very much. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I've been reading posts for a while now and am finally asking a question. I have a slightly modified 84gn that has a turbo problem. I'm hoping an 85 turbo fits an 84. If not I'l rebuild mine, but I'm not my housing is still good. When I had it apart 1000 miles ago the seals were bad and some gouging on the shaft and mild end play. It smokes burnt oil at idle at least thats when I see it. My boost has dropped from 18 to 20 to 10 to 13 at on hard acceleration it falls flat and dark rich fuely smoke can be seen. The paint is new and close to perfect and the interior is even better. Too bad it smokes like a cigerette. If anyone has a new one I'll pay top dollar. If anyone has a great working one I'll pay a little less. If you have any Ideas please let me know. There is a gn shop in my area but It does not seem like they like ha very much. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The 85 and 85 use the same turbo.
I have a low mile stock turbo and no longer need it.
It will come without the compressor or turbine housings but they are real easy to change. PM me if interested.

Another option is to have your existing turbo rebuilt. Even better, have your turbo upgraded to a TA33C. The latter is around $900! Brad

Where are you located? I have a spare HA turbo.