Turbo help please

slamming 6

Drag Master
IMGP0643.JPG
What are these numbers part #'s or who's Precisions Turbonetics.Cant seem to have any luck finding it.

Could be any supplier. I've seen those seal plates before. Looks like a t04s04 backplate. Probably a large shaft 63 compressor. Post pic of compressor cover. Turbine is probably a clipped p trim

The cover is 4in inlet x 2.5 outlet.

Attachments

• IMGP0019.JPG
    IMGP0019.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 104
  • IMGP0021.JPG
    IMGP0021.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
  • IMGP0026.JPG
    IMGP0026.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 107
  • IMGP0027.JPG
    IMGP0027.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 97
  • IMGP0018.JPG
    IMGP0018.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
So far i got from an old Turbonetics catalog it's an T-Series,Big Shaft HP 70 with a on center T4 turbine housing now i'll have to see what turbine wheel it has.It has the number 55 on the inside of the outlet dont know what it means.

Attachments

• IMGP0022.JPG
    IMGP0022.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
  • IMGP0025.JPG
    IMGP0025.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
The turbine appears to be a clipped p trim as expected. That on center housing isn't helping anything. I'd switch to a .96 tangential if looking to get the most out of it. It's a high 9sec turbo with the tang ex housing. With a larger turbine it will support enough to run low 9's on a purpose built combo.

I am changing the injectors to 96's and a new front mount also changing the rear to a loaded 9in with 350 gears.When i do spend money on this it will be a new turbo.

Bison what do you think about the crap on the inside of the cover i use a K&N filter but i dont think its the oil from that.

It's possible it's leaking into the compressor cover off boost. Then it's slung into the diffuser on spoolup. Drainback issues could cause it also.

Probably wallowed out the ring bore on the backplate at one time a little. Updated balancing bushing the backplate is an easy fix. Have to see it apart to know for sure. Those compressor covers sought after for larger compressors because they have the large diffuser. Billet 76 with a large turbine and tang 4 bolt .96 ex housing would wake up your combo a lot.

As soon as i finish with up dating of the rear and intercooler i will call you for one.And THANK YOU for your advice,AL.