turbo heat managment

The only problem I see with wrapped pipes is mild steel becomes brittle and will crack if they don't rot off first. Doesn't seem to be a problem with stainless. The wrap is made by DEI and is the lava wrap stuff. Stainless tie wraps to hold everything in place. The exhaust temps can be 1100-1300 degrees idling and you can touch the wrap without getting burned.
AG.
View attachment 241757
Lol! I didn't mean to infer there wasn't anyone out there who did it and I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't have an 8 sec ride. My comment was more a general one aimed at the other 95% of us.

The only problem I see with wrapped pipes is mild steel becomes brittle and will crack if they don't rot off first. Doesn't seem to be a problem with stainless. The wrap is made by DEI and is the lava wrap stuff. Stainless tie wraps to hold everything in place. The exhaust temps can be 1100-1300 degrees idling and you can touch the wrap without getting burned.
AG.
View attachment 241757
That is one sweet set up...(y)

Lol! I didn't mean to infer there wasn't anyone out there who did it and I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't have an 8 sec ride. My comment was more a general one aimed at the other 95% of us.
Yes I got the point and didn't have any malicious intent with the pictures. I wouldn't necessary do it on a car that was more stock or heavily driven simply because I don't think it would stand up as well in those applications. I was tired of my hood insulation pad taking a beating and would definitely would consider it on fiberglass hood cars.
AG.

I'd stay away from wrapping the headers and crossover...lots of research proving accelerated failure and corrosion ...plus as mentioned risk of fire from oil leaks. I would like to ceramic coat my headers, crossover, new turbo exhaust housing and maybe my DP...also going with a turbo blanket. What coating actually works and doesn't eventually come off? I have searched but no real solid recommendations for the coating?

I had mine done at Swaintech . Their coating is way thicker than any other coating out there , about .015" thick . The coating only comes in white but can be painted with hi temp paint , which is what I did with mine . Swaintech White Lightning , they have a price sheet on their web site.

DSCN0200.JPG DSCN0201.JPG DSCN0202.JPG DSCN0203.JPG DSCN0208.JPG

I'm in the process of putting my car back together , but I have not heard anything bad about it . Top Fuel & Funnycar teams use their products .

i was reading an article where they used swain coating plus wrapping in the exhaust. they also added reflective protection to the intake and runners in a Supra engine.

Spool up will be quicker if headers and DP are wrapped and the correct crossover is in place.

Definitely have the exhaust housing on the turbo ceramic coated just to prevent rusting. Black coating holds up the best.

Joe