Turbo for factory heads

jowy

i have a friend who asked me ..best turbo for factory ported head 3000 10 lockup converter

70 trotle ,,206 206 camshaft 3 Inch downpipe 65 inyector 177 valve atr heather single 340 pump ttweak chip

We still don't know your et goals.. Mid 11 5858 high 10s or faster 6262. If your looking for new tech turbos. Again need more info. Et goal hp goal budget.

He want to run the 10.4 ..he bought the car and have a 60 cpt 64-68 turbonetic

Make more sense!!!!.. And or read what your typing first... So we know what you mean...Mike

Last edited:
The turbo is a turbonetic cpt 60 serie 64-68mm
if its the hpc 64billet comp wheel with a 68 turbine it can make a ton of power.i ran one all out and it educated me on having proper drivetrain parts. a 10 inch 3000 stall converter is the wrong converter,if the combo and tune is there the turbo will make 9 sec power.on my car at the time with champion iron heads 3800 lbs it only needed 19 psi to run 10's with a 9.5 ptc nonlock.

Yes, that turbo would be good with aluminum heads. It will need plenty of fuel-pump, injectors and octane. The pump and injectors are ok for now. What octane are you using? Do yo plan on injecting alky? Does it have a bigger intercooler? What converter is in it, that will make a tremendous difference on how the car will run. I'm running the Turbonetics billet 64/65. Nice power at 20 psi.

Yes I'm running nicely ported iron heads with larger intake valves. If the irons are in good shape they would OK. Aluminums would give more potential but not totally necessary.
that's an awesome turbo.
I'm just scratching the surface at 20 psi. At some point I will try it at 26 or so once I have a roll bar.

Yes the head ar ported whit 177 int valve from intercooler presicion 112 oct. gas And 10 lockup 3000 rpm

that's an awesome turbo.
Im running one now on one of my cars thanks to Mr.Spool for the advice:), Its a far superior turbo then the 6265,cpt-66bb, and even the 6765bb that ive had on before, but your combo better be right to utilize it or your in big trouble, I have it dialed down to 20psi until my fuel system is upgraded, it makes some serious power after 20# on my combo....