Turbo chromed before/after shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_k03

www.rbchroming.com
We are chroming a turbo housing for a turbo buick and I thought I'd swing by and post up some pics. We only charge $150 to polish and chrome a compressor housing. We also grinded of the lettering as requested by the customer.

2ea9a371.jpg

0bdd6960.jpg

Enjoy em, just thought you guys would enjoy.

wow thats truly beauuuuuuuuuuuutiful. great polishing [prep] work:biggrin:

my only question how does the chrome hold up on aluminum.... is there any chance of it chipping or flaking.[especially on the inside of the compressor housing] :confused: :confused:

i remember i used to have chromed aluminum license plate frames and they chipped after a few years:mad:

mines been done,on another car,for 2 years now and looks like it did the day I put it on.Cleans with windex.

my only question how does the chrome hold up on aluminum.... is there any chance of it chipping or flaking.[especially on the inside of the compressor housing] :confused:

I sure wouldn't want the inside of the inlet chromed.... for the reason above, plus it's hidden by the inlet ducting/filter anyway.... :confused:

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

wow thats truly beauuuuuuuuuuuutiful. great polishing [prep] work:biggrin:

my only question how does the chrome hold up on aluminum.... is there any chance of it chipping or flaking.[especially on the inside of the compressor housing] :confused: :confused:

i remember i used to have chromed aluminum license plate frames and they chipped after a few years:mad:

No issues with the chrome flaking on compressor housings we've done hundreds of em and no problems. Properly prepped a good chrome job will last the life of the car.

Chrome won't get U home, but it may get U laid!!
:biggrin: Everyone loves a nice clean engine bay.

wow!!! you guys are awesome!!!! I can't find someone to chrome things dows here, will definetly save your web page and start looking at what i want chromed. :)

I'll keep updated this thread since ya'll are enjoying the pics.

Here's some intercooler piping we've recieved, they were poorly powdercoated and the customer whated to see how'd they look in chrome.

151.jpg

197.jpg

You guys are messing up a great saying.....

"Chrome won't get ya home, but shiny will get ya hiney!"

Status
Not open for further replies.