turbo carb setup pics and info

turbo3.8monza

Me and my friend are thinking of build a turbo carb 3.8l for a 1947 willys jeep truck and are having a hard time info on pre-fuel injection, really cant find that much about the hot air system either. We want to build a non computer controlled motor. so some pics would be nice but mainly need some links to info on ignition systems. any help would be appreciated

you use a vac advance distributer. here are some pics if you need more tell me.

Attachments

• PICT0318.jpg
    PICT0318.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 526
  • 83engine.jpg
    83engine.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 518
That`s fine, I don`t mind at all. I have more if anyone needs them. I`v just been busy and haven`t been on much. I keep forgetting to call Rich:biggrin: Sorry Rich, I`m getting around to it.

There are 2 kinds of non ESC/ECM B4B setups... you can do a draw-thru(in the first pic) or a blow-thru. You need a modified carb for blow-thru and you would need 86/87 GN exhaust setup(manifold, wraparound pipe, up&down pipes, wastegate and the turbo... that`s about all I know. If you can find a blow-thur carb and the 86/87 stuff, then I would go with that for power. But if your broke like me:( then the draw-thru is the cheapest way to go... but that`s if you can find the stuff for that as-well.